are you a ROAD RAGE fanatic?

• YESSSSS...now fuck off the road!!!!

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No, i respect all the shit drivers...im a nice person

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Jiga

Slighty OT

The whole thing about P platers being shit drivers IMO is total bullshit... I recon its more to do with the fact that they go out more or drive later at night that contributes to the higher crash rate... not necceassrily because they are crap drivers. I say this because in direct contrast you see every day drivers who you wander about how they got their license, they have no IDEA about road rules or they just cant control their vehicles. One example just today of TWO license holders that have no idea....

There is this truck abit behind me, catching up very quickly despite me doing 80 in a 70 zone, and this truck happens to be 'towing' two cars (So thats great if he needs to suddenly stop!). This car with an elderly driver then begins to merge INTO the truck, like middle of his car into the front of the truck, luckily he was beeped and then violently swerved away which could have caused another accident.. all of this at 80km/h so if thier was an accident it would have almost certainly resulted in a fatality as the car would have been spun around into either on coming or following traffic which were both prity tightly packed at 80km/h.. All in all though, two full license holders, both in the wrong.... one example of many in a single days driving (Just had to mention another, although abit more 'safer', on the M5 some again elderly guy changing lanes without checking their blindspot... dunno bout other people but when doing 100km/h but I like to thoroughly check cos at that speed theirs a high chance that it will be good buy world if you hit someone and lose control)

EDIT: Yes I was doing 80km/h, but all traffic was because the conditions werent bad and the speed limit for that area shoudlnt be 70km/h IMO, and I am not a truck that weighs fully loaded 4 tonnes.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Schoolies, its not about P Platers being shit drivers, its about p-platers being inexperienced drivers. Also, the great majority of p-platers are under 25 and therefore more likely to engage in risk-taking behaviour.

Its plain to see on the road, the ones being shits and speeding up to ridiculous speeds, tailgating, failing to indicate and taking unsafe gaps in traffic to overtake and turn are more often than not persons with p-plates attached to their cars.

I agree with you that there are a great lot of seemingly shit drivers without p-plates....however while these people may be annoying in traffic, they have still been driving longer and have more experience in averting a crash in the traffic.

Also, if you've got a truck tailgating you and you're going down a hill, its likely to be because they're trying to get enough momentum going to get back up the hill. Dangerous, I totally agree, but to protect yourself just get out of their way. At the end of the day you have to be defensive and worry about your own safety, not who gave the person behind/infront their licence.

Jiga

Its plain to see on the road, the ones being shits and speeding up to ridiculous speeds, tailgating, failing to indicate and taking unsafe gaps in traffic to overtake and turn are more often than not persons with p-plates attached to their cars.
Honestly, I see more full license holders doing that in their big V8's then I see p-platers.

I agree with you that there are a great lot of seemingly shit drivers without p-plates....however while these people may be annoying in traffic, they have still been driving longer and have more experience in averting a crash in the traffic.
I dont totally agree with this.... for starters its not that their annoying as in slow, they are annoying as in dangerous, they dont know the road rules. What I will agree with though is that due to them having more experience when they get involved in such a situation their better skills mean that they have a better chance of coming out of it unscaved... my above example with the car swerving away from the truck in a p-platers case may have been worse if they had over-corrected..... although in saying this it may also be argued that way more young drivers these days do courses to help their driving and they have to do 3 years virtually on their p's and 6 months on their L's... most older drivers havent done these or didnt do them. The ultimate example I give of this is my own mum (as harsh as it may seem), she is a poor driver, even with her years of exp I rate myself safer... and no its not just me being cocky, even my older brother along with many other people say they feels safer driving with me! The worst time is when she drives a person home as she does, she talks to them turning to face them every so often, it is so dangerous taking her eyes off the road, when I personally drive I rarely look across and at times I even ignore them if their is a hairy situation coming up. Luckily she has never been in any major crashes beacuse she is a slow driver which sought of makes up for her poor handling and relative lack of road rule knowledge! There have been times as well when Im driving where she will make me nearly crash, when some one for eg waves me in and she will like virtually scream 'what are you doing!' or when two cars turn at once at an intersection shes like 'what are you doing, wait for them!' (even though you dont have to). Luckily though Im a decent driver, but a lesser person would honestly freak out and do something stupid.

End of rant and end of paying out on my mum (as a positive I recon she is one of the better older drivers :) ), but the whole point is that there are alot of crap full license holders around, from my experience which is driving around 400kms a week, I would say p-platers are the last drivers I would be worried about.... at least during that day that is.

EDIT:

Also, if you've got a truck tailgating you and you're going down a hill, its likely to be because they're trying to get enough momentum going to get back up the hill. Dangerous, I totally agree, but to protect yourself just get out of their way. At the end of the day you have to be defensive and worry about your own safety, not who gave the person behind/infront their licence.
Yes I know, Ive driven in a truck on many occasions which does open your eyes up to things like the above thing you said. But my above example was on flat ground, as was another example when I was tailgated by a cement truck that I gave a while ago (Which was on the same stretch of road).

Last edited by a moderator:

7th Sign

HSC
bizadfar said:
I also hate it when a speed limit is 70-80, and from rest, people accelerate really really really slowly. ANd it just gets worse as you have more cars infront of you. Like these people are going still at 55-60 after 50metres. Get the fuck off the road!!!! It's like that have all the time in the world.
true ...thats the point when I put on the track "move bitch get out the way"
turn it up to max and tail gate...:D

Qlimax

HSC
I get road raged really easily
I don't stick the finger or anything
but i start to merge left to right excessively
angry face
loud music
and drive in a sense that LOOKs dangerous..
but not.. :D
to me anyway

CieL

HSC
luscious-llama said:
I'm an L plater...for heavens sake, just over take me if you're frustrated?
Well.. maybe sometimes it's an illegal manoeuver and they don't want to risk being caught if/when they do overtake you?

Or the other possibility is he has a turn ahead so he stayed in that lane for convenience?

And another thing, did you indicate when you slowed to around 40 and stuck to the left kerb? Usually even when the roads are with one lane they can fit two cars side by side.. I hate it when people turn in the middle and hold up traffic when the slow down to 10km/hr to make the turn..

bizadfar

HSC
On thursday i had an 8am school start. There is a van going infront of me slow as hell, towards the bridge. There is no-one infront of the van. On the bridge i got pissed off, eveyone had gone on the left lane and were way ahead!!! No one was in the left lane behind me, but there was a car about 20m ahead in the left. I switched, and went back around into the right lane in front(not RIGHT in front, but infront) of the van, and starting pounding the engine, max acceleration. The stupid fuck even beeped at me, i was tempted to stick up my finger so he could see through my untinted windows.

On friday i drove the 4wd, and was alot more confident. The car is a force to be reckoned with! You get used to it and you don't think its gonna tip when turning. It also had power steering which is a change.

Do any of you hate 4wd drivers? hehe!

CieL

HSC
I hate 4wds.. because of their height.. I dislike it when I can't see the road in front of me.. and if they're behind me, their height also gives them the appearance of being very close.. and also usually they have emission problems and my car goes from blue to grey..

Have you ever driven a proper car which is low to the ground? They turn so much better than a 4wd.. those huge things, actually I srsly thought I was going to be tipped over.. the one I was in felt spongey and rocky..

bizadfar

HSC
CieL said:
I hate 4wds.. because of their height.. I dislike it when I can't see the road in front of me.. and if they're behind me, their height also gives them the appearance of being very close.. and also usually they have emission problems and my car goes from blue to grey..

Have you ever driven a proper car which is low to the ground? They turn so much better than a 4wd.. those huge things, actually I srsly thought I was going to be tipped over.. the one I was in felt spongey and rocky..
I dislike it when i cant seem behind myself. Looking in the rear view(assuming its properly adjusted), you can't see anything. So i hate it when i can't see behind. But the left and right mirrors are huge!!! The blind spots arn't as bad as i though it would be, but they are still noticably larger than the small Starlet i torture.

Yea, if you imagine the stuff i do, the starlet turns really easy when in motion (friction for the wheel to turn back). But at rest, no power steering is a minor pain. The wheel also has hardly any deadzone.

Yup, when centre of gravity is lower and in the correct position, you car turnability is usually better.

You actually think 4wd will tip while turning, it scares the hell out of you at first. But i concentrated a bit more on how my mother drives it, and she was going about 80 in a 60 zone with quite windy long turns. Also the fact that it reaches 60 km so effortlessly, especially on hills(torque i guess) is so much better than driving the Starlet.

Last edited:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I have seen so many shit drivers on the road its not funny. Sure i've seen alot of P platers do stupid shit, but in my opinion, i'd rather have that on the roads then retarded old people doing 50 in 80 zones. If someone in front of me isn't going the speed limit, i do, i just sit right on there arses untill they move out of the fucking way or speed up.

Jiga

Yeah a lower centre of gravity helps handling 10 fold. My car has only been slighly lowered, and I didnt test drive it before I bought it which was a stupid thing to do.... but in the end I found its handling and general ease of driving to be way better than my mums car which is like half the size of it!

And wif 4WDS, aernt they like easy to roll when hit side on.... wif no roll cage, I personally wouldnt wanna be in one when it gets T-Boned at speed or just rolls due to a hard turn :uhhuh:

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
And wif 4WDS, aernt they like easy to roll when hit side on.... wif no roll cage, I personally wouldnt wanna be in one when it gets T-Boned at speed or just rolls due to a hard turn :uhhuh:
Well I was just replaying a scenario of that in my head..

And I've come to the conclusion that it'll be hard to even make them roll unless hit by something like a truck or a train..

To tip something over at that height you'd need to impact near the top of the vehicle... and if I were to hit a 4wd side on, my bonnet would hit their alloys if you know what I mean, thus the 4wd wouldn't really budge unless I was going at such a speed I can force 4 chunky wheels of 2tonne+ weight to move sideways against the tread..

As for the hard turn.. I guess their width compromises for that..

Jiga

Well I was just replaying a scenario of that in my head..

And I've come to the conclusion that it'll be hard to even make them roll unless hit by something like a truck or a train..

To tip something over at that height you'd need to impact near the top of the vehicle... and if I were to hit a 4wd side on, my bonnet would hit their alloys if you know what I mean, thus the 4wd wouldn't really budge unless I was going at such a speed I can force 4 chunky wheels of 2tonne+ weight to move sideways against the tread..

As for the hard turn.. I guess their width compromises for that..
Yeah true....... but I seriously thought Ive heard it somewhere that they can roll easily (Might have just been the bullshit media though), and I rememeber one time near my house someone had their 4WD out front and it had half the roof caved in.... shouldnt really draw conclusions though, anything could have happened to it :eek:

Why wouldn't you test drive a car before you buy it???
Cos I was on my L's and the car was seriously to GOOD not to snap up quickly and get before I got my p's (But in the end I got my p's first go and had the car the next day!).... my brother and mum both did test drive it though so I didnt like not drive it at all or n e thing. It was abit risky if I didnt like its feeling, but the bet paid off!

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I rememeber one time near my house someone had their 4WD out front and it had half the roof caved in.... shouldnt really draw conclusions though, anything could have happened to it :eek:
That was me - I made a jumping castle out of it =]

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
my brother and mum both did test drive it though so I didnt like not drive it at all or n e thing. It was abit risky if I didnt like its feeling, but the bet paid off!

Ohhh I thought you meant it wasn't test driven at all, I was gonna say thats a little bit of a risk to take!

I haven't test driven any of my cars personally before buying them, my dad did.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
I'd hate to see you around.

Tailgaters are like having a fkn trailer but not.

You have to watch your speed and the way you brake. My bf had to brake slowly then really hard at the end because the cunt behind him was tailgating and he wanted to signal a warning that he really really needed to brake but didn't want the cunt to smash his rear since someone already did that to him a couple of weeks ago and was just repaired.

And then they block your whole rear view. You can see every detail of the fag behind you. There was some tailgater behind me this morning who kept picking his nose and it was all in my mirror.

And sometimes when they tailgate, they want you to hurry up (especially on those one lane roads) and then they're half a car to either side of your car.. then THAT blocks your rear view.. I was trying to fkn change/merge lanes, and the nose-picker blocked my whole right mirror's side, so I had a close call when I put my nose out to see the fkn traffic behind me

Is that enough for you to ponder on next time you tailgate someone?

I'd seriously hit you over the head if I knew you in person for being such a dumb cunt.
If I had a cheap car, I'd just brake hard and let the tailgater smash my rear - its their fault, and hopefully their's would be a write off

CieL

HSC
Minai said:
If I had a cheap car, I'd just brake hard and let the tailgater smash my rear - its their fault, and hopefully their's would be a write off
Yeah.. IF you had a cheap car..

But usually the cars that tailgate me are cheap and mine is not.. =.=

Like tonight I had some old civic tailgate me.. and the 4wd the othertime was old and had a bull bar.. and the dude who was picking his nose drove a box of a Camry.. *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)