Road and Track: Official New WRX photos (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Maybe Subaru was going for the sleeper look? o_O
BWAHAHAH

Then they need help from VW and Audi

*drools at Golf R32 and RS6*

w2dot

HSC
If that's going to be the production model, it's damn ugly. Looks like a distorted camry, and the hatch looks like a lazy attempt at a golf rival. Haven't seen the performance specs, but I'd go for the evo out of the two

bizadfar

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL AMG FTW. I'd laugh if there was ever something like an A63... that would seriously crack me up.
I say time and time again. Mercedes Benz can't go round bendz, espcially an A class haha.
Apart from that, they hardly make their own F1 engines (Illmor engineering does in UK). Bunch of suits/fakes.

If the M8 was released, the world would've ended.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL wasn't the only M8 concept car destroyed or something?

And A Class... lol.... I still remember the previous failure for safety.

bizadfar

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL wasn't the only M8 concept car destroyed or something?

And A Class... lol.... I still remember the previous failure for safety.
No, it's still kept tight by BMW. The plan was destroyed though. They saw no profit in it (well honestly, there is not much in supercars... its the reputation) The engine became useful though in another awesome Supercar. The one Mikka Hakkinen loves... there's your clue lol. Or you already know.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL... I still turn my head when I see an 8 series BMW go by- a rarity which the 6 series reminds me of, but just isn't the same. I'm surprised they didn't revamp the 8 series because I can imagine lots of Asians would be drawn to it for the name alone.

Back on topic with the WRX, straight from the Official news on SMH Drive.com.au;
A naturally aspirated engine will power the regular Impreza models, but Subaru Australia says local models will be different to the 2.5-litre flat-four used in America. The new Impreza will reach Australia in September in five-door hatch form initially, with the four-door sedan to follow a year later.
Source: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=37580&vf=12

What else surprises me is... this is pretty much just a facelift with engine and tranny being carried over. With Mitsu launching their new Lancer Turbo to compete with the WRX, (and the Evo X vs. STi is a separate thing), you'd think Subaru would do more eh?

Jiga

^

From what Ive read... the new look is designed at attracting a completely different audience (so more conservative looks), Im assuming the hot hatch type market (and the sedan is just tagging along now)... which I dont get because they in Australia at least havent been very popular (just look at the XR5T for eg... a very nice car but not many around). Anyway so theyve made the WRX look more conservative while the Sti will for the first time be differentiated from it in terms of looks to target the enthusiast market... but if I remember correctly the Sti was always a fair bit more then an Evo $$$ wise (wasnt it like $70k?) which is also better then it... seems stupid to me! Especially when you consider the popularity of the WRX - it was an affordable performance car which also with light modding could get alot more power. Subaru dont seem to bright to me.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
More conservative looks is what the Liberty is for.

Silly Subaru.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
They screwed up BIG! Seriously, wtf? It looks more like something my GRANDMA would drive.

In other words:

FAIL

Nice to see what has become of the stereotypically lebanese-preferred sports car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

From what Ive read... the new look is designed at attracting a completely different audience (so more conservative looks), Im assuming the hot hatch type market (and the sedan is just tagging along now)... which I dont get because they in Australia at least havent been very popular (just look at the XR5T for eg... a very nice car but not many around). Anyway so theyve made the WRX look more conservative while the Sti will for the first time be differentiated from it in terms of looks to target the enthusiast market... but if I remember correctly the Sti was always a fair bit more then an Evo $$$ wise (wasnt it like $70k?) which is also better then it... seems stupid to me! Especially when you consider the popularity of the WRX - it was an affordable performance car which also with light modding could get alot more power. Subaru dont seem to bright to me.
In other words, instead of going after traditional hoons, now they want a more mature market... as already mentioned in the thread, that's what the Liberty/Legacy is for. The Liberty GT Tuned by STi looks quite appealing though now that the new WRX is going to look... >__>

Pricewise, IIRC it was the Evo which cost a little bit more than the STi with STi vs. Evo 8, but then Evo 9 had the RRP of $56,789, which slightly undercuts the STi's price of $56,990. In other words, they're both aimed at the same people so choosing one over the other would be a personal not monetary decision.

If anyone looks at the www.subaru.com.au website with the photos of certain angles of the new Impreza, it actually looks pretty good when someone with more skill takes photos; http://www.subaru.com.au/about-subaru/impreza-launch/ ... but nonetheless, for a WRX, I think it's way too toned down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)