Road and Track: Official New WRX photos (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
mmmhmmmm.
Mazda 3 and a Liberty sexed.
Hopefully sedan version looks better.

lengy

HSC
Yuck. I've already seen pictars on other forums. No one seems to like it.

Legham

HSC
Eewwww @ hatchback wogmobiles!

Jiga

Hopefully sedan version looks better.
All reports are there isnt a sedan.

The problem with this car is the design is old. Meanwhile something like the Evo is getting more modernised and they looks alot better (nice and aggressive look). Also, the Evos are starting to streak ahead performance wise, there handling has always been better but the latest Evo is supposedly going to do the 100 in 4.5secs (really are great value for money when you consider they are $55,000ish and as fast as a Porsche for eg) while the WRX retains prity much the same figures as the previous model I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

lengy

HSC
From all the magazine comparos it was stated the Evos were better but had a harsher ride. The STi's are better road cars than the Evos because the Evos have shorter more jarring gearing that's bad for city driving.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard the newer Evos are more practical for day-to-day driving than the STi because of it's flatter torque curve...

But I also prefer the Evo's interior (well.. what's in it anyway). The new Evo X interior looks way snazzy compared to current model... and the exterior is hot. However on the other hand you have the new WRX looks like crap. I can't imagine STi putting it's name on something that horrendous; but then, Porsche did it with their Cayenne...

Anyhow, I'm still rooting for Evo over STi. The current Wheels magazine pitted HSV vs. Evo vs. STi... guess who won?

Evo. Duh. As if you couldn't figure that one out already.

I can't believe on autoblog, they said that the new WRX looks alot better in the R&T photos than in other photos previously seen.... so if these photos are supposed to be the better ones, I can only ponder how great it looks in the flesh >_>

Last edited:

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
yeah you guys suck at reading articles... the second sentence of the article says that two body styles were unveiled, the hatch and a sedan

Jiga

^

"Still no reports if Australia will be getting only the wagon variant....
From what we have gathered, UK customers are also only getting the wagon version, so there is a good chance that Australia will also not be a host to a Sedan version (if one even exists) furthermore, there is still no report as to whether or not the STi will be a wagon only" - http://www.caradvice.com.au/1940/2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-images/

Not that it matters, the back looks ok imo its the front that is dog ugly... and the front doesnt change on wagon or sedan so its irrelevant.

I heard the newer Evos are more practical for day-to-day driving than the STi because of it's flatter torque curve... [/QUOTE}

Lol power/torque isnt the issue, they both have loads of it (might make the Sti less fuel efficient)... its ride comfort etc. The Evo is known to be a very rough ride.

But I also prefer the Evo's interior (well.. what's in it anyway). The new Evo X interior looks way snazzy compared to current model... and the exterior is hot.
Yeah the Evo X is a great looking car, kinda looks futuristic and heaps aggressive. And they claim its handling has been further improved and that it will do the 100 in 4.5secs which is amazing (still cant say Id buy one as they are impractical... but if I was filthy rich and wanted a relatively cheap car to thrash around a track it would be at the top of the list)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Schoolies_2004 said:
I heard the newer Evos are more practical for day-to-day driving than the STi because of it's flatter torque curve... [/QUOTE}

Lol power/torque isnt the issue, they both have loads of it (might make the Sti less fuel efficient)... its ride comfort etc. The Evo is known to be a very rough ride.
I think I was more emphasising those of us who sit in traffic alot on our daily commutes to/from the city; although neither car is really suited to that!

Yeah the Evo X is a great looking car, kinda looks futuristic and heaps aggressive. And they claim its handling has been further improved and that it will do the 100 in 4.5secs which is amazing (still cant say Id buy one as they are impractical... but if I was filthy rich and wanted a relatively cheap car to thrash around a track it would be at the top of the list)
I heard it was 4.5 as well; but even if it is in the 5-6s, that's still good enough for me :) I want to see the final interior though because still not sure what it looks like since there have been both concepts and real photos mixed around on the net...

bizadfar

HSC
The best Imprezas were the late 90s models. The rest have gone downhill. This is the recession.

About evos. They all suck in my opinion. Evo5 and 6 was great, especially seeing them win Bathurst in their class and overall production cars. Evo X certainly looks like a new idea. I like the innovation.

Jiga

^

Waaaaaat? Its all subjective, but I recon it looks awesome... its certainly different, but a good different - UNLIKE the wrx which looks like many other cars, almost like they put together a car from all the ugly parts of current ones

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think in the past.. WRX vs EVO was a hard debate, but with the new Evo X... and the new WRX... lol... easy win for Mitsu.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
NEW POST
Sedan pictures available now.

Nonetheless, even though the article says that the new STi will be radical, if it looks anything remotely like the WRX sedan picture, it's going to be... well crap. There's close to zero aggression from that apperance (something which I think is important for the Evo/WRX genre), and the front-end looks.. well dopey. It kind of reminds me of this- http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,6729085%5E21825,00.html ... except, I doubt Kia would be stupid enough to make a replica of this fugly WRX.

Source: SMH http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/03/2007_wrx_pictures_leaked.html

Legham

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

Waaaaaat? Its all subjective, but I recon it looks awesome... its certainly different, but a good different - UNLIKE the wrx which looks like many other cars, almost like they put together a car from all the ugly parts of current ones
Looks like a mis-shapen, poor attempt at a family car, imo.. And what's the deal with the black bit at the front? Looks like they just got bored and ignored the front.. And that spoiler really does "spoil" it.. doesnt suit the car at all.

imo. :)

CieL

HSC
Oh.... yuck....

The blue wagon version looks like a pulsar.... grill looks like the camry....

But people will get used to it... when it was on paper, everyone thought the 06 model looked dog ugly, then when they see it in flesh, they go gahgah over it...

lengy

HSC
I was wondering why it looked so familiar. It's the previous model Toyota Camry front.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Oh.... yuck....

The blue wagon version looks like a pulsar.... grill looks like the camry....

But people will get used to it... when it was on paper, everyone thought the 06 model looked dog ugly, then when they see it in flesh, they go gahgah over it...
True... the 06 one turned out to look "not that bad", and after a while you get used to it... but will that turnaround effect apply to a car which instead of looking different, looks the same as the normal mainstream car? Maybe Subaru was going for the sleeper look? o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)