resume (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
im going for a job tomorow and i wa wondering, do i need a resume? and how do i set 1 up? i got that resume kit from school but is that reliable?

P

pLuvia

Use the resume wizard on Microsoft Word, but it should be a good idea to bring it along

T

tactic

Are you going for an interview? How did you get the interview?

it probably doesnt apply to much to you you but my resume is set out like this

Name and personal info (dob, address, email etc.)

Career objectives

Key Achievements

Work Experience

Education

Extra Curicular Activities

Hobbies/Intrests

References

Uni Results

I guess if you are going for a basic first timer sort of job then a resume template is okay, but if you are going for something more important later on in life never use a template.. ever.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
jus curious, how would one answer these questions...

What are your weaknesses?

What are your Strengths?

What do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Scanorama

HSC
What sort of interview is it? If it is just a holiday job, then you would only need to put some basic stuff in it, you don't need to put weakness, strengths, career objectives etc etc. But if you are going for a real job interview, then you would need to put them in.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Resumes are meant to be a basic outline of what you are; it's meant to catch the employer's attention so that they will call you in for an interview. If you provide it in the interview, then it should give the interviewer prompts to talk to you about and act as a way of 'remembering' you in your own words (rather than what he/she writes down).

Good luck in the interview =]

Srixon

HSC
probably to late now but you probably should take a folder with reports, certificates, HSC or SC certificates etc with also your resume in it

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
theone123 said:
jus curious, how would one answer these questions...

What are your weaknesses?

What are your Strengths?

What do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Is this you asking for advice or inviting the thread-starter to think about it lol?

Anyhow, i would say definately take a resume..it seems like you are more serious/repared/proffessional if you do. I have been told not to include interests and hobbies because it may give the interviewer cause for bias...unless of course it was some job that required or would benefit from outside interest..

If you can, just use the resume wizard in word but you might delete some of the headings that arent suited.. Good luck :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think those Q's are good to think about- I went into one interview w/o planning answers for those Q's and shot myself in the foot.

EDIT: Interests show that you aren't a boring old fart with no life beyond the books- it also shows you have personality and have interests which will help facilitate rapport building with a diverse range of clients/people.

Srixon

HSC
i am pretty sure most employers like to see you hobbies/ interest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)