• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Results of SC Exam..? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
digimonstudent said:
u know i heard that the principal gets to see our results before us. according to the even time table on the boardofstudies website the principal gets to see the mark on dec 8. my graduation is on dec 3 n the yr advisor said we'll be presented with the portfolio there.

I may be wrong on this but the timetable that is behind my desk at school says that the students results 'portfolios' arrive in schools on the 11th December.

I am also fairly sure that the consultative committee of the BOS, where the Standards Referencing Committees for each HSC and SC subject (the team that does the aligning of the marks) doesn't meet until that week. If so the BOS want have the recommendations for the cut-offs until about the 3rd, 4th or 5th. When I did this job we had our meetings on the first Thursday or Friday in December and I am fairly sure that this is still the case.

If your graduation is on the 3rd you may be receiving a school based report etc but I would love to know if you actually get the SC portfolio.

HSC
cem said:
I may be wrong on this but the timetable that is behind my desk at school says that the students results 'portfolios' arrive in schools on the 11th December.

I am also fairly sure that the consultative committee of the BOS, where the Standards Referencing Committees for each HSC and SC subject (the team that does the aligning of the marks) doesn't meet until that week. If so the BOS want have the recommendations for the cut-offs until about the 3rd, 4th or 5th. When I did this job we had our meetings on the first Thursday or Friday in December and I am fairly sure that this is still the case.

If your graduation is on the 3rd you may be receiving a school based report etc but I would love to know if you actually get the SC portfolio.
i just checked it with my year advisor today. she said that the principal should be getting the school certificate results earlier than 11th december. she said we'll be getting "our portfolios with school certificate marks in it on 3rd december" though i still get the feeling that somethings wrong. oh well i'll just go to the formal n see. btw heres the schedule for the school certificate stuff:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/events/pdf_doc/event-timetable-sc-2008.pdf

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
digimonstudent said:
i just checked it with my year advisor today. she said that the principal should be getting the school certificate results earlier than 11th december. she said we'll be getting "our portfolios with school certificate marks in it on 3rd december" though i still get the feeling that somethings wrong. oh well i'll just go to the formal n see. btw heres the schedule for the school certificate stuff:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/events/pdf_doc/event-timetable-sc-2008.pdf

Why don't you show this to your year advisor?

It clearly says that the results don't reach the school until the 11th December although the principal can download them on the 8th.

I suspect, that like my school, at the formal you will be getting your report which may include the school based grades.

HSC
cem said:
Why don't you show this to your year advisor?

It clearly says that the results don't reach the school until the 11th December although the principal can download them on the 8th.

I suspect, that like my school, at the formal you will be getting your report which may include the school based grades.
so by award documents do they mean SC results?

HSC
cem said:
That is my understanding.
u know ur probably right. some of the teachers in my school well lets just say that its a miracle they managed to become teachers. theres this gullible history teacher. this girl said to her that this boy was gonna massacre some of the students in the school n the history teacher actually believed her. poor guy i saw him running away when the history teacher reported him to the principal. n my new head math teacher. nice lady but REALLY INCOMPETENT. u know how dumb my school'c top year 10 class is. only me n about 5 other students listen to the teachers. we never finished off our 5.3 pathway n now we have to come back after the school certificate to do it. in the trial like half the class failed even though it was the top class. n the bloody head teacher keeps telling all the dumb kids to do 3 unit maths next year. i swear i know this guy who got like 6% for one of his math tests but he still managed to beat 2 kids in my class in the trial for math. still my head teacher told those 2 kids to do 3 unit maths for next year. at this rate i doubt that my school will ever finish the 3 unit course.

Cardea

HSC
Aww, I feel sorry for you. But keep on going, never give up no matter what you do. You could change schools as another option.

aahmanreyy

HSC
digimonstudent said:
u know ur probably right. some of the teachers in my school well lets just say that its a miracle they managed to become teachers. theres this gullible history teacher. this girl said to her that this boy was gonna massacre some of the students in the school n the history teacher actually believed her. poor guy i saw him running away when the history teacher reported him to the principal. n my new head math teacher. nice lady but REALLY INCOMPETENT. u know how dumb my school'c top year 10 class is. only me n about 5 other students listen to the teachers. we never finished off our 5.3 pathway n now we have to come back after the school certificate to do it. in the trial like half the class failed even though it was the top class. n the bloody head teacher keeps telling all the dumb kids to do 3 unit maths next year. i swear i know this guy who got like 6% for one of his math tests but he still managed to beat 2 kids in my class in the trial for math. still my head teacher told those 2 kids to do 3 unit maths for next year. at this rate i doubt that my school will ever finish the 3 unit course.
yeh thats really badd.. jst askin wat skool do u go 2?

HSC
aahmanreyy said:
yeh thats really badd.. jst askin wat skool do u go 2?
plumpton high school. i'm wondering if there r any good schools around that area. my principal keeps saying that from plumpton rooty hill n mt druitt, plumpton is the best. somebody lied to my mum that blaktown boys was a great school. i went there n i was like what? theres a fight there everyday. so i ended up back at plumpton.

HSC
We can access our SC results from Students Online, i guess you can check it out once you start your HSC.

I lost my school certificate :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)