• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Results countdown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Their internal marks are not considered.

Rather, internal ranks.
I'm certain internals are considered when there's an external mark tie. My Ext teacher told us that that's also why internal marks are sent to the BOS along with internal ranks - not just to find the relative differences, but to distinguish between external ties?

iEdd said:
3 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 10 seconds.
Ha! Even I'm not that obsessed :p

iEdd

HSC
Hey I have a countdown plus widget, may as well use it.

PS: 3 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
iEdd said:
Hey I have a countdown plus widget, may as well use it.

PS: 3 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes.
haha. I think if I had one of those I'd go crazy waiting. I prefer to think of it as 3 days away, no matter how mathematically incorrect that belief is :p

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
I'm certain internals are considered when there's an external mark tie. My Ext teacher told us that that's also why internal marks are sent to the BOS along with internal ranks - not just to find the relative differences, but to distinguish between external ties?
Nah, then what's to stop schools just giving 100s to everyone?

iEdd

HSC
fallenstar said:
haha. I think if I had one of those I'd go crazy waiting. I prefer to think of it as 3 days away, no matter how mathematically incorrect that belief is :p
Well if you stay up until 6AM instead of sleeping, I spose you could call it 3 days, the last one being very long.

It's hard to sleep on the results day, particularly if you try to go to sleep early to kill the time.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
iEdd said:
Well if you stay up until 6AM instead of sleeping, I spose you could call it 3 days, the last one being very long.

It's hard to sleep on the results day, particularly if you try to go to sleep early to kill the time.
yeah i am envisioning a sleepless night, definitely...i don't even know what i'll do to distract myself. reading will fail because i won't be able to concentrate. probs just toss and turn, and a little bit of bos sprinkled in between haha

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Exphate said:
Having completed the HSC many moons ago, I can tell you that unless something major has changed, your internal and external marks are listed on your transcript, along w/your final mark.

What prevents schools giving 100s? Ethical and moral codes as well as the use of scaling.
Yeah, my Ext teacher sounded certain that internal marks were used to differentiate between external ties...If it was ranks then how would they differentiate? Most people who gain an external mark worthy of a state rank are already ranked 1st within their cohort anyway. But I can see what dp624 is saying - that leaves it open to manipulation by some schools. Maybe not all, but some.

Zephyrio

HSC
Exphate said:
Having completed the HSC many moons ago, I can tell you that unless something major has changed, your internal and external marks are listed on your transcript, along w/your final mark.

What prevents schools giving 100s? Ethical and moral codes as well as the use of scaling.
No, you have misunderstood the system.

Just because you got a 99 in advanced English does not mean that this 99 will appear as your internal assessment mark.

In fact, if you got 99 and were ranked first, then you would receive the highest examination mark received by your cohort as your internal assessment. This is to ensure fairness in the system, as some schools mark much harder than others. So if you get 92 in your exam, and this is the highest in your grade, then your internal assessment mark appears as 92, not 99.

Besides, you can be fair and ethical at the same time.

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
fallenstar said:
Yeah, my Ext teacher sounded certain that internal marks were used to differentiate between external ties...If it was ranks then how would they differentiate? Most people who gain an external mark worthy of a state rank are already ranked 1st within their cohort anyway. But I can see what dp624 is saying - that leaves it open to manipulation by some schools. Maybe not all, but some.
I'm fairly certain that they would compare essays and writing flair, as opposed to differentiating candidates on the sole basis of internal marks which would be wholly inadequate and unfair.

dp624

HSC
Yeah, well some subjects are so subjective such as English. It's a good thing I'm not in contention for these things, I'd scream lol

mudcake42

HSC
Re: So Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a dream last night that I got 97.98 UAI (i know its not possible). Then a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I did so well I was ranked 0 instead of 1, because I did so brilliantly.

Hope those dreams are indicating something ... ...

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:
I'm fairly certain that they would compare essays and writing flair, as opposed to differentiating candidates on the sole basis of internal marks which would be wholly inadequate and unfair.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

danz90

HSC
lol I've been having weird dreams about results... and oddly enough, have also dreamt that I received 52 for English, just like two others posted in this thread!!

I dunno whether to pull an all-nighter before results or TRY and sleep, with alarm set to 5:30am.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

mudcake42 said:
I had a dream last night that I got 97.98 UAI (i know its not possible). Then a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I did so well I was ranked 0 instead of 1, because I did so brilliantly.

Hope those dreams are indicating something ... ...
rofl. zero is of course the hero.

Debbo

HSC
Wow Ive hardly had any dreams about the HSC. 80% of the time I'm not too stressed but then BAM! I get spasms of nevres and flop to the floor with seizures! Well not exactly... but thats what its liek. I think it's reaaaallly gonna hit me on monday though.

OMG! I have a job interview at 10 in the city the day UAIs are released! So I basically have to get my uai then run off for the interview! I extra hope I do well now, so I can be bubbly for the interview - i cant be unemployed as welL!!!

Patar

0101 0000
HSC

dp624 said:
One less dayyyyyyy!!!!! oh noez. so jumpy now
I get spasms of nevres and flop to the floor with seizures! Well not exactly... but thats what its liek
"one less day"? "Spasms?"

seriously... chill...

OMG skipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskipskip. no.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
God, you guys seem to be more stressed about your results than those from previous years. If you look at the like forums in previous years you won't see too many stressing out about results...lol :p

Calm down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)