Results countdown (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
That's fair enough. 100 people to call, it will surely take more than 1 day. On top of that, not all of them would have been present on the day.
I agree. All of those calls would take quite some time. Plus they may need to recall a few times for some people who don't answer...If they started this morning around 10am, surely they couldn't be completely finished given the scale of the notifications. Maybe some calls will go out tomorrow morning.

Or maybe I'm a hopeless optimist.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
I agree. All of those calls would take quite some time. Plus they may need to recall a few times for some people who don't answer...If they started this morning around 10am, surely they couldn't be completely finished given the scale of the notifications. Maybe some calls will go out tomorrow morning.

THere's most likely 3 or 4 callers you know lol.
And yes the calls are for 1st in state only, not top 10 or whatever

kkzz0818

HSC
fallenstar said:

OMYGOD i got a random withheld call this morning at 10am... but i missed it... im seriously scared that it mite be from there...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:

I agree with you. There are 100 people and if some of them don't respond, they would just call other people on the list. I am assuming that they come back to those who haven't received the calls at the end. And I doubt that they would have gone through 100+ people in one day as I said earlier.

Hopefully, I get my phone call for Distinction Course tomorrow. :)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
kkzz0818 said:
OMYGOD i got a random withheld call this morning at 10am... but i missed it... im seriously scared that it mite be from there...
Call them back tomorrow? Or is it private?

nugget01

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Yupp this is correct.
You don't find out, universities just take it into consideration, so you should get accepted with less than the cut-off (unless of course you exceed the cut off, in which case you get accepted anyway).
so i don't even get to know how many points i received but the unis do?

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
I agree with you. There are 100 people and if some of them don't respond, they would just call other people on the list. I am assuming that they come back to those who haven't received the calls at the end. And I doubt that they would have gone through 100+ people in one day as I said earlier.

Starting at ~10am and ending at 5pm. 7 hours. Each call of ~15 mins with 5 min breaks. 4 people calling
which ends up easily fitting in 100 people.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:

I guess it depends on how many people are making the calls. But yeah, thanks for a glimmer of hope, haha. Maybe tomorrow for the rest of us too. GL for yours :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Starting at ~10am and ending at 5pm. 7 hours. Each call of ~15 mins with 5 min breaks. 4 people calling
Um..

if we include the chance that some people aren't present, it won't fit that comfortably.

But I am not really sure. I am just guessing that this is the case...

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
BOS people do have lunch, staff breaks etc, which take up a few hours out of the day.
4 people may not be calling. It could be less.
Each call may take more than 15 minutes depending on how quickly they get onto some people, re-calls, explanations, etc.
I agree with namu...

dp624

HSC
OK then guys. Have fun hoping beyong hope. I won;'t join in, however, I wish you all the best. (this is a sincere statement, biut i'm a bit bitter atm)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
OK then guys. Have fun hoping beyong hope. I won;'t join in, however, I wish you all the best. (this is a sincere statement, biut i'm a bit bitter atm)
yeah, i think i'm just being an illogical optimist. a bit bitter too. let's just try to forget about it; this time next year it won't matter at all.

friction

HSC
Well done to those people that got it. To those that havent i wouldnt bother hoping its going to be such a small chance. And remember only 1 person out of the thousands can get that 1st you havea much greater probability of getting a state rank who really cares anyway.

friction

HSC
dp624 said:
wat were u hoping for ??

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
fallenstar said:
BOS people do have lunch, staff breaks etc, which take up a few hours out of the day.
4 people may not be calling. It could be less.
Each call may take more than 15 minutes depending on how quickly they get onto some people, re-calls, explanations, etc.
I agree with namu...
how long does it take to explain "you have topped the state in..."

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
midifile said:
how long does it take to explain 'you have topped the state in..."
ceremony when/where/how to get there blah blah blah

i'm a hopeless optimist okay? :p

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
friction said:
Well done to those people that got it. To those that havent i wouldnt bother hoping its going to be such a small chance. And remember only 1 person out of the thousands can get that 1st you havea much greater probability of getting a state rank who really cares anyway.
Agreed.
And in all likelyhood, the person who came second, third etc will have gotton the same aligned mark anyway, so even if you didnt come first, but still did well it won't have any affect on your UAI

Congrats btw, to all those that got one =]

fallenstar said:
ceremony when/where/how to get there blah blah blah

i'm a hopeless optimist okay? :p
okay, I guess that makes sense

dp624

HSC
midifile said:
Agreed.
And in all likelyhood, the person who came second, third etc will have gotton the same aligned mark anyway, so even if you didnt come first, but still did well it won't have any affect on your UAI

Congrats btw, to all those that got one =]
Hey what does everything think the effect of 1/2/3 on SCALED marks is? Like 1st gets 100, 2nd, 3rd? I think maybe 99.5, 99?

friction

HSC
dp624 said:
Hey what does everything think the effect of 1/2/3 on SCALED marks is? Like 1st gets 100, 2nd, 3rd? I think maybe 99.5, 99?
Depends cause like 20+ get 99+ in MX2 and similar for MX1

I rekon ur Chem and phys their wont be a lot of difference in all of the state ranks.

English there will be bigger gaps and for me PE will be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)