reputation - new feature (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
sorry guys but i can't find it i looked under my subscribed threads maybe i have no ppl rep me yet :( .......is 10 points the starting that everyone gets?

or do i just click on that little square next to my post count?

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
sorry guys but i can't find it i looked under my subscribed threads maybe i have no ppl rep me yet :(

or do i just click on that little square next to my post count?
I voted for you, check again :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
MuSaRuRWa said:
DOH !

what does grey mean btw?
I'm only guessing, but I think maybe someone has tried to give you reputation but they haven't been here long or don't have many posts or something?
I've got 1 grey panal (with no comment) and it didn't change my number of points...and I remember someone saying that people who have been here longer or have bigger post counts give more points that newer members. And theres only an option for positive or negative repuatation, so I can't think how else someone can give you no points, or take none away.
Only a guess though.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
See, I knew people would end up hating me again. I can understand how people don't care about it, but seriously this anonymous thing is crap.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Knowing who provided the feedback adds little in the way of constructive criticism and destroys the option of anonymity for the commentor.

Users can include their name in the comment if they wish to be identified.

Only those users with a reputation of 10 points or more can influence the reputation of others; this prevents disreputable users from simply being vindictive.

MuSaRuRWa

Lazarus said:
Knowing who provided the feedback adds little in the way of constructive criticism and destroys the option of anonymity for the commentor.

Users can include their name in the comment if they wish to be identified.

Only those users with a reputation of 10 points or more can influence the reputation of others; this prevents disreputable users from simply being vindictive.
well, two buddies may choose to give each other positive reputation for each other for all posts. any way to prevent that?

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
MuSaRuRWa said:
well, two buddies may choose to give each other positive reputation for each other for all posts. any way to prevent that?
you can only rep a singular person once a day, and only 10 different people a day.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
MuSaRuRWa said:
Users can only make 10 reputation clicks in each 24-hour period. They must also give reputation to at least 20 different users before they are allowed to hit the same person again.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't like how we can't see the users that rated us.. especially when the comment has nothing to do witht he post. but don't think i haven't worked some of you out :mad:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
iambored said:
i don't like how we can't see the users that rated us.. especially when the comment has nothing to do witht he post. but don't think i haven't worked some of you out :mad:
I agree. For the record, I put "L" on the end of my reps.

I hate gray reps. So boring.

MuSaRuRWa

nick1048 said:
Some people have huge amounts of reputation points, but then their posts are very good and useful lolz.
how do u know how many reps each person has got? u can only see the no.of green boxes, and that is the same for all members, except for admins and mods ..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
You can't find out. You can only know their "status" by hovering the mous over the green dot.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so people have been saying there are red ones as well. what do they mean? obviously green is a good rep and grey is a bad one

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
grey is not necessairly bad I dont think. It just means that it doesnt count.

Red = bad

green = good

grey = doesnt count cos the user has no influence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)