Republican Primaries (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Mate come back when your ready to explain why you don't agree with repealing "Don't ask, Don't Tell"
I think he was mocking you, not the repealing of Don't Ask Don't Tell since it's not really that huge of a leap for civil liberties

especially when looking at what he's done to destroy them

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I think he was mocking you, not the repealing of Don't Ask Don't Tell since it's not really that huge of a leap for civil liberties

especially when looking at what he's done to destroy them
what do you think he done to destroy them (besides inaction/continuation). he has just been continuing established policy. this is american civil liberties mind you (not cave dwelling MOSLAM TERORASTS)
also not being allowed to be homosexual in the military is a pretty big deal

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
guess what four letters I'm about to say
NDAA is the wrong answer bro

obama got pressganged by congress in to signing it just before new years. if he didn't, no one in or associated with the military would be paid their dues and there would be fucking havoc, hows that for civil liberties. there isn't much civil libertyish about a military coup

besides people would have complained if he vetoed it or did a stronger signing statement

lose lose

also chemical ali is right, the jews are behind this. it is 10 years after 9/11, of course (actually senator LEVINE is a co-sponsor, lololo)

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
I don't know if Funkshen is mocking me, but generally I think what he is saying is fairly accurate.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i think it's safe to say that in an exchange of words between lolsmith and funkshen, the latter is not mocking lentern

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
NDAA is the wrong answer bro

obama got pressganged by congress in to signing it just before new years. if he didn't, no one in or associated with the military would be paid their dues and there would be fucking havoc, hows that for civil liberties. there isn't much civil libertyish about a military coup

besides people would have complained if he vetoed it or did a stronger signing statement

lose lose

also chemical ali is right, the jews are behind this. it is 10 years after 9/11, of course (actually senator LEVINE is a co-sponsor, lololo)
People are going to complain regardless, that's not an excuse for anything (although obviously that's not your main point). Continuing existing policy is not an excuse either dude, don't give me that. I realise that he says he "doesn't like it", but I sincerely doubt that the American military would stage a coup. If he *really* cared about civil liberties lie Lentern originally posited then why is gitmo still fucking open (and yes I also realise we can't just SET PEOPLE FREE)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i know hes like the masthead of US politics, and im not saying hes a not shitcunt, i just think its an exaggeration to say he's destroying civil liberties. and i don't think it's meaningful to talk about the proverbial "he", because first of all, he occupies the office of the president and is surrounded by a huge (embedded) executive apparatus. secondly, on most of the civil liberties stuff you're worried about, he has been hamstrung by congress (for example congress has made it extremely hard for him to close Guantanamo, which he wants to do)

he wasted most of his political libido on some pretty asinine shit and this is the result

Lentern

HSC
People are going to complain regardless, that's not an excuse for anything (although obviously that's not your main point). Continuing existing policy is not an excuse either dude, don't give me that. I realise that he says he "doesn't like it", but I sincerely doubt that the American military would stage a coup. If he *really* cared about civil liberties lie Lentern originally posited then why is gitmo still fucking open (and yes I also realise we can't just SET PEOPLE FREE)
Steady on. I made little if any comment about Obama, I said that the progress on civil liberties will only happen through the Democratic Party and my basis for saying so was not so much the record of the Democrats but the neoconservative dominance of the modern Republican party.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i think lolsmith really just resents the rotten state of civil liberties in america, where its a shitfight between the least worst candidates. it's like having to choose between being fucked up the ass with a spoon, a spork or a fork

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Lol fuck that would be awesome but ignoring the entire fucked up economy which would make it practically impossible for them to do it, it's Gingrich, he completely changes his stance on opinions every few months anyway :p

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yeah because nasa's budget is 0.60% of the federal budget, LITERALLY ECONOMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT NOW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)