• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Republican Primaries (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Of course he could never make it happen, that's why he's nuts. You don't call someone nuts for making practical proposals.
you can't do anything radical in politcs

suppose i better vote for the guy who bombs foreigners but has some nice progressive sounding rhetoric

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol yeah, 8 vote margin victory to Romney originally.

Check this out:

inJust

HSC
Iowa is known for it's votes tampering. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul actually won lol.

inJust

HSC
Gringrich is surging in the polls because in the South Carolina debate, he said poor black kids should learn the value of work by being janitors... He got a standing ovation. lol. Moments like this makes me realise how ignorant people can be.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Newt Gingrich isn't even on the ballot for his home state of Virginia lol. A big southern state he has the potential to win and if he votes in this primary election it must be for either Ron Paul or Mitt Romney.

Lentern

HSC
you can't do anything radical in politcs

suppose i better vote for the guy who bombs foreigners but has some nice progressive sounding rhetoric
Getting rid of fiat currency isn't radical it's just dumb. What's Ron Paul's approach to the greatest moral challenge of our time?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Getting rid of fiat currency isn't radical it's just dumb. What's Ron Paul's approach to the greatest moral challenge of our time?
why do you think its dumb, exactly

and how is it not radical

Lentern

HSC
why do you think its dumb, exactly

and how is it not radical
It's hard to say something radical when the motivation behind it is an attempt to adhere to the constitution, however poorly interpreted. It's dumb because it wouldn't actually doing anything purposeful.

Lentern

HSC
Gringrich is surging in the polls because in the South Carolina debate, he said poor black kids should learn the value of work by being janitors... He got a standing ovation. lol. Moments like this makes me realise how ignorant people can be.
He's not surging anymore he's flailing now. I wrote that ages ago.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think it was you Brett that linked to some article about how Gaddafi was attempting to establish a gold standard in some of the African countries as a means to get a stronger bargaining position against the West. The reason why I bring this up is (and anyone can answer for me), if a gold standard is introduced, wouldn't that make America fundamentally weaker in terms of currency? I'm no where near as well versed in economics as I need to be to judge whether a gold standard or not would be good (although I understand the arguments for it and against fiat currency), but why would America weaken itself?

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
lolwtf is the average iq of South Carolina like 70 or something? What the audience applauds in this debate is ridiculous.

Edit: k quick internet search reveals South Carolina has the lowest average iq in the USA, tied with Mississippi

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
you mean like having a great financial crisis instead? america will weaken itself WHEN IT DAMN WELL WANTS YOU ESSAY, YOU ESSAY
Yes but they have some sort of chance to regain their former glory if they reign in their spending and fix up their debt and blah blah blah. Wouldn't a gold standard weaken them to a point that they can't control?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)