Rene Rivkin has died (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently he overdosed on the drugs he was taking for his medical conditions........that cant be immediately classified as suicide can it?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Sweets said:
I just can't respect people who commit suicide. Although i realise there are so many factors that contribute to it and its something you can't understand without being in that situation yourself but my mums cousin also died yesterday and he has been a quadraplegic for the last 14 yrs of his life and the last days of his life were filled with immense pain. But still he didn't choose to die even though I think if he had choosen that path no1 would have blamed him.
ok but you judge people who commit suicide all on the fact that your mums cousin had a hard time and didnt commit suicide...
not all people are as resiliant to depression and pain as that guy you spoke of. massive respect has to go to this guy but you cant put every person who commits suicide in the same pigeon hole...
ok so my views are influenced by being close to someone who commited suicide, but i know that they werent of stable mind when they took their own life... and it my belief that anyone who takes their own life is not of stable mind
i will also not listen to anyone who wants to tell me that all people who commit suicide are cowards... walk a mile in their shoes... ignorance annoys me

tattoodguy

and btw i have a huge amount of respect for those who commit suicide.......... its takes fucking huge ballls...

i also like suicide bombers............rofl there funny cunts. i like there attitude.

that reminds me........our fucking government that has no right to control our country.........i think they are looking into banning informatoin about suicide.

what the fuck is that?

guys.............................wake up u fucking morons........our government is stripppign away so many forms of freedom of speeach................its all brain washing.........

this is worse than iraq...........we need to stop this bull shit.

why doesnt george bush come to australia and free us from oppression.........we dont even have freee speach..........................it makes me fucking sick....

WE happily take a day offf for anzac day and say we respect them...........................but a more fittting way to show our appreciation...............would be to............

firstly ensure the freeedom of alll citizens in this country from government oppression including the right to speak freeely about what ever the fuck u want...

and secondly..by closing our fucking borders to alll the maggots that migrate here to ruin our country.

our government is ruining the country.......its so fucking obvious......

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
tattoodguy said:
and btw i have a huge amount of respect for those who commit suicide.......... its takes fucking huge ballls...

i also like suicide bombers............rofl there funny cunts. i like there attitude.

that reminds me........our fucking government that has no right to control our country.........i think they are looking into banning informatoin about suicide.

what the fuck is that?

guys.............................wake up u fucking morons........our government is stripppign away so many forms of freedom of speeach................its all brain washing.........

this is worse than iraq...........we need to stop this bull shit.

why doesnt george bush come to australia and free us from oppression.........we dont even have freee speach..........................it makes me fucking sick....

WE happily take a day offf for anzac day and say we respect them...........................but a more fittting way to show our appreciation...............would be to............

firstly ensure the freeedom of alll citizens in this country from government oppression including the right to speak freeely about what ever the fuck u want...

and secondly..by closing our fucking borders to alll the maggots that migrate here to ruin our country.

our government is ruining the country.......its so fucking obvious......
some times the stupidity of your posts make me wonder if your legit and just not some guy mucking around...
maggots? why even argue with you?

tattoodguy

there is nothing cowardly about suicide....

if you dont wanta setttle for second best.............or whatever...its an alright option --- u can be sound minded and killl urself......often for alot of ppple its a better option.......

i respect that....theres alot of ppple........who are miserable as fuck......who are tooo scared to suicide......

suicides would go up 10000% if ppple actually had balls in society.

like most old pppple want to die.....there just waiting around to die..........

i know this family.......there grandparents...i think covered themselves in petrol and set them selves alight...

death by fire is hectic............ that takes alot of ballls....

tattoodguy

how is that stupid?

so your supporting our (actually your -----as i do not recognise the australian government as a legitimate government)..but u support ur governments efffort to silence people fr4om telling the truth?

the government is trying to silence the truth.................when we all think alike we are alot easier to control.... the government wants to elimidate freedom of speach .......after we loose a voice ..........we are then easier to manipulate...and its then able to bully alll of us........and rape away other rights that we enjoy and deserve................without any resistence...

We should all be fucking concerned about this.....

frederica

phat
HSC
tattoodguy said:
loooks like he wasnt faking his mental and pychological problems after alll...

goood work government, on kicking someone while they were down over a fucking pettty crime.

he paid a lot of taxes.. and im sure gave some money away over the years....................and you send him to jail for 9 months for stealing a couple of grand....

Thats fucking rediculous, atleast give him a fucking few warnings.....he deserved that.......he did alot of good for society..........he shouldnt have beeen locked up ....

and i think they fined him alot as well.....and the legal feees................that was more than enufff justice.........but they had to degrade him by sending him to jail while he was sick...................

they fucking ruined a decent citizen..........fucking government.

He was fucking harmlesss and our government had no right to send him to any jail.

fucking murderers.
Strangely enough, I would have to agree with most of the content of your post. The treatment of Renee Rivkin by the judicial system was nothing short of appalling.

Why jail someone who is quite clearly no threat to society .. over a meagre figure of money?

I am outraged by this clear mistreatment of a mentally ill man. The completely unnecessary death of a public larrikin should lead to a refurbishment of the system.

HSC
AtticusFinch said:
some times the stupidity of your posts make me wonder if your legit and just not some guy mucking around...
maggots? why even argue with you?
It really is just like beating your head against a wall, save yourself the sanity :) When you see .... .... . broken .... sentences.......... you know....... to ...... skip to the next..... post ;)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
It really is just like beating your head against a wall, save yourself the sanity :) When you see .... .... . broken .... sentences.......... you know....... to ...... skip to the next..... post ;)
yeh its funny. i found my self writing a lenghty retaliation reply and then i looked at it, thought, why? deleted it and moved on...
whats the point?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
ok but you judge people who commit suicide all on the fact that your mums cousin had a hard time and didnt commit suicide...
not all people are as resiliant to depression and pain as that guy you spoke of. massive respect has to go to this guy but you cant put every person who commits suicide in the same pigeon hole...
ok so my views are influenced by being close to someone who commited suicide, but i know that they werent of stable mind when they took their own life... and it my belief that anyone who takes their own life is not of stable mind
i will also not listen to anyone who wants to tell me that all people who commit suicide are cowards... walk a mile in their shoes... ignorance annoys me
No i don't judge all people on the basis of my mums cousin but he died the same day Rene did so it was just in my head.

I wasn't saying they are cowards. I clearly stated that you can't understand a situation without being in it yourself.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
frederica said:
Why jail someone who is quite clearly no threat to society .. over a meagre figure of money?
Totally not the point, he commited a crime. I'm sick of people dismissing white-collar criminals as not being real 'crimes' in my view they are just as much as a criminal then the guy who knocks over a petrol pump.

Although it is clear he was mentally unstable and whether he should have been treated like that is another issue.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Sweets said:
I wasn't saying they are cowards. I clearly stated that you can't understand a situation without being in it yourself.
sorry i didnt word that properly. i wasnt aiming the coward thing at you nor was i trying to say you said it... sorry you took it that way... :p

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Sweets said:
Totally not the point, he commited a crime. I'm sick of people dismissing white-collar criminals as not being real 'crimes' in my view they are just as much as a criminal then the guy who knocks over a petrol pump.

Although it is clear he was mentally unstable and whether he should have been treated like that is another issue.

Exactly...he may not look like your stereotypical criminal..you know the dressed in black, black beanie and what not... the point is is that he's a criminal.

And he did commit suicide because he was suffering from depression or something like that..

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Bottom line is he ripped people off. I bet you his wife and kids are now like Skase's family, effing loaded.

They would have shit loads offshore somewhere.

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Bottom line is he ripped people off. I bet you his wife and kids are now like Skase's family, effing loaded.

They would have shit loads offshore somewhere.
From what I've read, his personal gain from his actions was something which approximated $3000? If that's an accurate figure, boy oh boy, I bet they're all really living it up on that! (Any clarification on this figure is welcome, preferably by someone who understands it all in a little more detail than I do) :)

He definitely did the wrong thing, but then a little bit of research seems to indicate that a lot of people think that the relevant laws are overly restrictive here in comparison to elsewhere in the world. Of course, neither finance nor law are my fields, so I'm left to rely on reading the opinions of others who are ultimately serving their own motivations, meaning that my knowledge regarding this is not definitive (To say the least). Obviously given that the law is what it is, this action is in no way excusable; but I can't help but feel that the specifics of the crime, in terms of consequence and motivation, were fairly widely overstated.

Given his depression I think it's sad anyway, irrespective of what he's done, especially for his family. Whether or not you agree with his actions, or the punishment, it's not good to see anyone die.

Last edited:

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I don't know the exact amount either, but you don't tell your subscribers to invest in an certain company, while you offload your own shares in the same company at the same time.

There was also the incident with his limo driver killing that lady.

tattoodguy

u spastics.........................

white colllar crime........espeically involving a very small sum of money............is a pettty crime.........its alot lesss serious than.................doing an armed robbery....or whatever u mentioned. Are u stupid??????? no one gets hurt..so whats the fucking problem? why is it so serious?

..he got busted for insider trading.......thats like the least serious crime in the world...........thats equivilent to littering or something....

its not like he stole froma company he worked at.........or was involved in using fake credit cards...

this was a very very very very very very very minor crime...and he should not have been in jail.............at alll.... and taking into acccount his mental health.............it was an extreme miscarriage of justice.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
So your defending Rivkin?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but honestly I think he was a con artist. A crimes a crime.

I heard some bad things about Rivkins from people who use to work him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)