Uni Grad
probally suicide?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
i was watchin aca when a small headline came up saying something like
That is really brave. Most people here wouldn't admit it if they watched A Current Affair.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Who gets his worry beads?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
appologies to rene.....that should be

GOLD worry beads.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i hope rene rivkin gets nominated to be a saint... just like john paul
damm hagiographers

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Saint Rene....

Hmm it does have a certain ring to it i admitt...

anal beads hmmmm.....

jennylim

HSC
Xayma said:
That is really brave. Most people here wouldn't admit it if they watched A Current Affair.
ROFL. nice call!

as for his death...

who cares??

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Family confirms Rivkin's death
May 1, 2005 - 8:34PM

Convicted insider trader Rene Rivkin has been found dead at his elderly mother's Sydney home, his family said.

The 61-year-old was found in a bedroom of the Darling Point house by a family member about 5.15pm (AEST) today.

A police spokeswoman read out a handwritten statement to media assembled outside the Darling Point Road penthouse apartment where Mr Rivkin's mother resides.

"The Rivkin family confirmed that Rene Rivkin died today,'' the statement said.

"He will be sadly missed by all. The family wish to be left in peace to grieve. There will be no further media statement.''

Detective Inspector Grant Taylor said police were called to the residence by ambulance officers who responded to a call.

"Mr Rivkin was found deceased in a bedroom of the apartment,'' Det Insp Taylor told reporters.

"At this stage there appears to be no suspicious circumstances.

"The matter will be investigated by the coroner in a coronial inquest.''

He said crime scene investigators were currently at the apartment and inquiries were at an ``early stage''.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

Newspaper reports today said Mr Rivkin had moved out of his family home to live with his elderly mother after the breakdown of his marriage.

The former stockbroker finished a nine-month periodic detention sentence for insider trading in October last year.

A larger than life personality, Rivkin suffered from bipolar disorder and attempted suicide in September last year with an overdose of prescription medication.

He is survived by his wife Gayle and five children.

AAP

OS

Banned
HSC
I know he did wrong in his life but the poor guy had to suffer through depression (and was a manic depressive too I believe) and that made his punishment so much harder to deal with, along with his wife and him divorcing... He mentioned on TV wanting to suicide but not being brave enough...... He even attemted it before........ I think he should have got more psychiatric care when he was convicted......

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I just can't respect people who commit suicide. Although i realise there are so many factors that contribute to it and its something you can't understand without being in that situation yourself but my mums cousin also died yesterday and he has been a quadraplegic for the last 14 yrs of his life and the last days of his life were filled with immense pain. But still he didn't choose to die even though I think if he had choosen that path no1 would have blamed him.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Chosing to die and emotional suicide are often two very different things, always remember that.

Choice = you want to, you are in control
Depression =/= yyou want to, you are in control

He never had a choice, I truely believe this.
___

This post is interesting, but I think that it also poses a lot of relevant issues for HSC/pre-grad students. Here's a man, whilst he's recently experienced great loss, he's rose to international fiscal success, created a business which made 70%> of its members wealtier and he recently overcame a debilitating brain tumour.

However, after all these accomplishments, he still didn't feel proud of what he'd done! What he lacked, I believe, was the ability to take stock and to count your eggs.

As HSC/UNI students we all need to have this ability...otherwise, you just end up depressed.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

loooks like he wasnt faking his mental and pychological problems after alll...

goood work government, on kicking someone while they were down over a fucking pettty crime.

he paid a lot of taxes.. and im sure gave some money away over the years....................and you send him to jail for 9 months for stealing a couple of grand....

Thats fucking rediculous, atleast give him a fucking few warnings.....he deserved that.......he did alot of good for society..........he shouldnt have beeen locked up ....

and i think they fined him alot as well.....and the legal feees................that was more than enufff justice.........but they had to degrade him by sending him to jail while he was sick...................

they fucking ruined a decent citizen..........fucking government.

He was fucking harmlesss and our government had no right to send him to any jail.

fucking murderers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)