religious threads (1 Viewer)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Well I do believe people need to be changed morally. But for argument sakes, lets say some people need to be changed morally, and all for the benefit of society. Thieves, people obsessed with greed to name a few.

Well I believe I was created sick. I know my mind and the horrendous deeds that occur in there. If you don't accept that all people are like that then so be it. I cannot change that fact.

But in history, even in ancient history. Countless of wars have begun over what? Money. Lives have been destroyed for what? Power.
Lol okay. You have fun with your mind and the horrendous thoughts within it. But the vast majority of people don't need to have their morality recoded by an organisation which covers up the rape of children.

Oh and to borrow your phrasing - in history, even in ancient history, countless wars have begun over what? Religion. Lives have been destroyed for what? Dogmatic beliefs and the persecution which goes with it.

Sadiah

HSC
so are humans incapable of possessing morals without religion?
People can still possess morals, regardless of their religious/non-religious stance.

Possessing morals is upon your own sanity and mentality, not really the religion you follow, or if you follow one.

i.e. you're an Atheist and you possess morals, I believe.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
What is wrong with you? Have you been reading anything I am typing? Or have you being blinded preconceived ideas of anger and hatred.

The Catholic church is fixing it. Those priests deserves to be persecuted and criminal dealt with. They need to be morally reformed.... Absolutely. I am not defending them.

And I have not passed judgment on anyone else. I am merely stating history and its catastrophes.
What's wrong with me, is that I am sick of people like you, that blindly follow retarded beliefs for the wrong reasons and look down on anyone else who doesn't and insist they need 'saving'. You have been brainwashed eg I bet you didn't choose to follow Christianity, you were most likely bought up with it. And i think this is true of most christians. Because anyone who isn't caught up thinking their little christian beliefs and way of life is the only way to live, can see that christianity is a terrible, terrible belief system.
How about you open your mind a bit. Realise that the church is corrupt and morally wrong. Realise that there probably isn't a mystical sky god and realise that there is a world outside your christian bubble. If you have considered other possible avenues for thinking about the universe/life/existence and realised the things I have mentioned AND still want to be a christian then I will not rage at you. But until then; you are just another brainwashed religious puppet.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
What's wrong with me, is that I am sick of people like you, that blindly follow retarded beliefs for the wrong reasons. You have been brainwashed eg I bet you didn't choose to follow Christianity, you were most likely bought up with it. And i think this is true of most christians. Because anyone who isn't caught up thinking their little christian beliefs and way of life is the only way to live, can see that christianity is a terrible, terrible belief system.
How about you open your mind a bit. Realise that the church is corrupt and morally wrong. Realise that there probably isn't a mystical sky god and realise that there is a world outside your christian bubble. If you have considered other possible avenues for thinking about the universe/life/existence and realised the things I have mentioned AND still want to be a christian then I will not rage at you. But until then; you are just another brainwashed religious puppet.
some people like name taken (god i miss him)
do choose to be xtians

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
And I accept that.
But it's the christians that do not consider any other belief system yet insist their's is the right one that makes me mad.
well derr doesn't that go for everyone who believes in a religion. i believe in X thus Y and Z are wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)