• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
im not really religious but i wouldnt change myself - religiousness/everything just for the person i love. i mean i'd do anything for that person....even die but changing myself is something i will not do, otherwise if they ask me to change something that would mean that thier love/like or whatever for me is incomplete and hence meaning that we are not the correct persons for eachother.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
that's great sparkl3z but the truth is u won't find the 'perfect' person for you, relationships are about compromise... u said u're not really religious, if u find a guy that's perfect but he's a devoted christian why not become a christian just to make that dude happy?

LazyBoy

HSC
thats lyeing to yourself and more importantly to your love one. i would personally perform all the religious tenants.. eg if i married a christian, have a christian type wedding. but i would not say to her i beleive in Hesuse or anything.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm atheist, but i'm willing to be christian if that made some girl i love happy.

However being atheist, i doubt i could truely 'pick' a religion.

Pretty much the same. I don't mind pretending to be of a certain religion, I wouldn't really be able to believe it mind you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Would depend on how strongly I feel about my faith at the time, but probably not.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
Pretty much the same. I don't mind pretending to be of a certain religion, I wouldn't really be able to believe it mind you.
now thats cheating.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
My greatgandfather changed his religion from Greek Orthodox to Catholic so he could marry my greatgrandmother.
but only on the condition that they give all their children Greek names.
which they did.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
I'd be inclined to say no, but then again realistically it would depend on the integrity of my faith at that time and how much I was into her.

well put.....religion is not a pair of sucks dat u have to change in regular intervals. You will not change your religion unless you reach the point where you beliwve you have found out a better path than dat u r walking on....or......religino means nothing to u...it's just like a pair of sucks

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
that's great sparkl3z but the truth is u won't find the 'perfect' person for you, relationships are about compromise... u said u're not really religious, if u find a guy that's perfect but he's a devoted christian why not become a christian just to make that dude happy?
i will find the perfect person believe me, mabye i already have & dont know it yet :D ok. being realistic love is love and u cannot define what will hapen until u experience it, but if the person i 'happend to love' asked me to change my religion i'd only change it if i believed in the religion after studying it for a long long time, i wont just change something to please him - just to make him happy as you say, thats just distorting the whole religion aspect, its meant to be a belief, why should i pretend to believe something i do not?

LazyBoy

HSC
exactly. you wouldnt lie to someone especially one you love. im an athiest and proud of it. if a girl asked me to become a christian for example, i would do all teh convert and stuff if she asked. but i would tell her it would not change my beliefs. thats about as far as i would go.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
exactly. you wouldnt lie to someone especially one you love. im an athiest and proud of it. if a girl asked me to become a christian for example, i would do all teh convert and stuff if she asked. but i would tell her it would not change my beliefs. thats about as far as i would go.

How do you even go about changing your beliefs?
How do you accept an unsubstanciated (sp?) reality?

jellybeenz

HSC
I'm not religious at all. I would convert if it was needed for me to marry that person (and if it were important to him/his parents). But I would make it clear we do not share the same beliefs and I would only do it for his sake, not for my own. I couldn't change my attitude toward religion.

However, if I married a guy and he wanted the children to be raised in a certain faith, I would not object.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Maybe, i don't know depends on lots of variables. How religious i am, how much i love the person and other shit

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
im a christian and i would probs only seriously date a christian. if they werent a christian i would expect them hopefully to become one

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Im also a Catholic but cant remember last time i went to church, even though i have religious grandparents and my uncles a preist

sladehk

le random
HSC
Fortunately i am an athiest and I wouldn't mind changing my religion if I really loved the girla dn the religion was acceptable(like not Nazish religions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)