Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
bobness said:
i'm actually quite pleasantly surprised that there hasn't been much religion bashing in this thread for quite a sensitive issue to some of us =)
Haha ditto.
Its refreshing to know some people dont feel the need to force their own beliefs onto another and also not condemn them for their own views.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
bobness said:
btw ugly14 (lol ppl with a nickname like this i'm sure your not really ugly, as opposed to the fauxmales online with nicks like "hotsexychick69er") what kind of religion is that?? i've never heard of a faith which allows a guy to marry another follower of any abrahamic faith (its all or nothing i.e. one specific religion)

haaaa...no, i dont believe im ugly but im confident enough with my appearance that i dont have to have a nick saying that im "hot/sexy".......back to the point...
the religion is islam --> a guy can marry any girl whose either muslim, christian or jewish (no other religions)

Last edited:
HSC
i don't see myself in the future converting for someone or forcing someone to convert for me. but if there was an established relationship, i don't see how religion would get in the way, unless there are really genuine conflicting issues that prevent the relationship from moving forward. but yes i'd prefer if my partner was in the same religion as i was.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If I had kids, I would not let my wife indocrinate them into Christianity, because I feel they should be left with the default belief of agnosticism until they are old enough to make a decision themselves.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
the fact that someone has to convert to be with someone else is just mind-boggling. It's just so fucking stupid and there is no justifying any logic involved in it. It's just an example of how fucking stupid the world is and how delluted most people really are.

samthebear

HSC
religion... is more a way of life the way i see it - but it doesnt bother me. I'm not religious, but i attend a catholic school, and i do have a 'religion' in name but not in practice. I would however have a problem with a partner who is very religious. I would never convert my religion (not that i'm whole heartedly attached to it) it just wont work for me; personally i dont believe in religion - i believe in sprituality. There is a transendent being i believe in but it is not religion specific. and i would never start a relationship with a guy who is very religious - especially if his family is too. there'll be too many conflicts to deal with, its fine if its one of those passing relationships - but not if i'm seriously considering settling down and marrying this person.
Religon doesnt bother me as long as i dont have to change myself for it. Change can be either physical, or mental - and i'm not willing to change myself for a religon just because my significant other cannot deal with my choice. and thats just it, if my significant other cannot accept me as i am (and the fact that i dont believe in religion) then i cant see that relationship lasting long.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)