relax every1, it's official- 2u was meant 2 b tougher than normal (1 Viewer)

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I thought it was pretty normal. wasn't too hard really.. but lol I shouldnt jinx myself.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
MuffinMan said:
where where?
http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/tsc-report-2004.pdf

thats the report released each year with data on every course- it talks about everything from calculating uai to the number of canidates in each course.

It states that the median HSC mark for maths is 77- based on data obtained last year stating the band 6 cutoff at 94~/120 which is ~78% It would make sense that an HSC mark of 77 would be obtained with a raw mark average of about 50%

[Damo]

HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/tsc-report-2004.pdf

thats the report released each year with data on every course- it talks about everything from calculating uai to the number of canidates in each course.

It states that the median HSC mark for maths is 77- based on data obtained last year stating the band 6 cutoff at 94~/120 which is ~78% It would make sense that an HSC mark of 77 would be obtained with a raw mark average of about 50%
i agree... state avem is <50%, so they will be scaled to around 60ish.

mmmirage

HSC
sikeveo said:
the paper wasn't hard at all. Stop complaining.
i believe your in a minority group there…unless you do 3unit, but it was still hard and they better do some scaling!

xiep

HSC
This exam was definitely hard. I'm a mid-high range Maths Ext student and with 3u knowledge the Q10 was still pretty hard. Our teacher reckon the last question was ridiculous for 2U level. Everyone found it hard in our school so I think the rest of the state would do even worse.

Don't forget Scaling- one of the wonders of the HSC. :D

PRODIGAL

HSC
sikeveo said:
the paper wasn't hard at all. Stop complaining.
so sad that some people feel the need to bring others down to make themselves appear bigger, unless your a complete moron (which i am only assuming you're not because you thought that paper was easy) then you would realise that people in this thread are posting along the lines of "that paper was really hard" and your comment was an unnecessary slap in the face.. sighs* sad that we're all adults (or almost) and still don't possess a solid grasp on human nature.. such a shame.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget everyone has different standards... someone might think the paper is easy when they are expecting a lower mark for example.

I'm not sure if I said this already- but our school's Head Maths teacher said it was much more challenging & even "stupid" for a 2u paper; and that's considering he teaches 2u maths for our grade... So don't feel bad if you found it challenging- pretty much everyone from my school found it challenging too (out of those who sat the 2u paper)... and before you make any cracks at my school- unless you're in James Ruse, NSG, SG or HG, our school beat yours in 2004- and if we do it by raw number of candidates >90 overall, then only James Rusers and NSGs can talk.

And sikeveo, that was a rather inconsiderate remark by you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)