• Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Re: starting a relationship less than a month before HSC

Dude. The HSC is not that hardest thing in the world. If you can't handle a relationship and do the HSC at the same time, you'll never be able to handle a relationship in the real world.

Make sense?

Good.

JulzMighty

HSC

i'm NOT looking for advice. i'm already gonna do it. BUT, a lot of people i know have varied views and values on this, and i'm simply curious as to the views of others... particularly with the eccentricity of some types up here.

julz

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

quik.

HSC

I wouldn't do it, if only for the fact that the people you meet at uni will have awesomesauce running through their veins.

suzieee

HSC

dont ruin your chance by putting it off. or are you worried that if something goes wrong it could affect your marks?? depends how strongly you feel about her i guess

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
a relationship isn't going to affect your marks this far into the year (or at any time for that matter). you're too far into it for that, any failure marks-wise on your part now would be due to your own lack of preparation rather than a girlfriend. i wouldn't worry.

if you're considering a long term relationship bear in mind that people change a lot after high school and you may never see some people again, your gf included, depending on what everyone does with their lives after school.

it's up to you and what you feel comfortable doing.
people do change a lot after school... ive been told by a few people that ive changed a lot, and some of my friends have as well... like one of my friends had huge ambitions, she started uni this year, then moved in with her boyfriend and dropped out... but im still close to most of the people i was close with in high school... i dont get to see some of them much, and it kills me not being able to see my boyfriend everyday anymore, but yeah.... lol i know this has no point etc but im hungover and procrastinating over an assignment due tomorrow :(

suzieee

HSC

quik. said:
I wouldn't do it, if only for the fact that the people you meet at uni will have awesomesauce running through their veins.
i didnt have that experience... i started going out with a guy i grew up with after living in college for a few months... i wasnt attracted to the guys at uni... well not many of them anyway lol

JulzMighty

HSC

i think mr Brightside's quite the right; sorry i didn't see that thread.

nice to see a couple more ideas that actually have some thought put into them ^^

maybe it depends on your highschool pop as well -- there's <40 people in my yr.

someone going to a higher-pop school wouldn't find the prospect of meeting so many new people as daunting, perhaps?

it's mostly my parents and youth group leaders that recommend waiting and seeing how things go, while my mates keep asking if we're going out yet and if i'm gonna hurry up and ask her.

julz

Last edited:

suzieee

HSC

there were 17 in my year when we did the HSC

good luck with asking her :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

meeting new people/starting uni/leaving school etc etc is always daunting but you very quickly get over it. i wouldn't ask her out if one of your motivations is security in that sense.

otherwise go for it :)

JulzMighty

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
meeting new people/starting uni/leaving school etc etc is always daunting but you very quickly get over it. i wouldn't ask her out if one of your motivations is security in that sense.

otherwise go for it :)
actually the idea of meeting new people is reason against starting a relationship now, since there'll be so many to choose from. i hadn't thought of your point, and i think it's interesting.

suzieee said:
good luck with asking her :)
ty!

julz

Evilo

HSC
pierrefectionx said:
i'd say dont break up.. <snip> just put off seeing each other until its over but dont break up.. i mean u CAN still be in a relationship and not see each other right?
yup

graciegal01

HSC
if you are in a good relationship they will understand that you guys just wont be able to see eachother for a while. my boyfriend is in uni and sure its hard being away from eachother - but we've got like a month left? wouldnt you rather be together knowing that they will still be there when you're finished the hsc rather than constantly thinking about what they're doing while you're studying? plus you need them there when you're going stress overload!!!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Re: do u think a relationship will interfere with you hsc?

Exphate said:
Look, i've said this in other HSC SECKINGS threads.

If you can't balance life and the HSC, you're fucked for the rest of forever.

UNI is just as much work, over 4 years. Oh no, no relationships then either.

AND WORK?

Oh god, you better believe you aren't going to survive being @ work for 40 hours a week and survive in a relationship.

Harden the fuck up.

It's about moderation.

Fist eachother every second weekend, or integrate the secksytimes into your studies.

IE PDH - your muscles that are currently being used are:-, this is ____ stretching etc etc.

Comeon morons. Be creative.

Being shit at the HSC is not the be all and end all of life.

Disclaimer:-

If you are Asian, don't take any of the above advice. Just fuckin' study.

kthxbi
I've tried to make this point in this thread already

but apparently living with your parents and studying at high school is more stressful and time consuming than working full time and running your own home :rolleyes:

Dramaqueen06

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:

but apparently living with your parents and studying at high school is more stressful and time consuming than working full time and running your own home :rolleyes:

I agree.
I think hsc will be the hardest moment in your lifetime...
BUT it really depeneds on what you want to do.
All i can say is get your prioritys right... knuckle down because this is the time that pretty much leads to your future.

Evilo

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:

umm i think so. well it is for me anyway

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

Evilo said:
umm i think so. well it is for me anyway
for serious?

EmilyFox

HSC
No way. If either of you is unhappy or the relationship isnt working for any other reason, then for sure, but as a direct result of study/exams? I definately disagree.
My bf has been the best to me over the last few weeks, and i couldnt imagine doing this without him. He puts up with all my winging and stressing when i want to take a break, and also understands when i need time to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)