• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Re: do u think a relationship will interfere with you hsc?

Be a cold bastard and cut off contact for the duration of your study/exams.

Worst that can happen is you loose a clingly time-stealing gf. Best is you pass with flying colours and resume the relationship afterwards.

Dr_Doom

HSC

rofl well thats a straight forward way of putting it. Or you could just break up with her while for study/exams then try and get back together afterwards...

Splinter089

HSC

loquasagacious said:
Be a cold bastard and cut off contact for the duration of your study/exams.

Worst that can happen is you loose a clingly time-stealing gf. Best is you pass with flying colours and resume the relationship afterwards.
damn you really are cold, if you are with the chick you should be greatful to have her at all especially in your case if you have her. i have a gf right now and i wont break up with her because of my exams cause wat better way to relieve stress then go and see you gf to take ya mind off of them. While your together you dont need to think about exams all you need to think about is bein with each other

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
dpends on the type of person u are....if you love em and you want to keep that girl/guy until forever, there is no reason to break up, so u wont see em as often while studying, who cares, ppl including my self have handled 3 months up to many many years apart but still in love and forever faithful...so it's not a big deal. but if you value the hsc more than ur gf, as in ur not really serious on ur relationshiop yet, then break up.

andykillz

HSC
Well i just reckon it depends on how she influences you. If she is also intending to do well in her HSC then she will probably influence you in study.

BlackDragon

HSC
exams are important, but what kind of relationship would you have if you split up for them?: one that wasn't going to work anyway.

ashh

HSC
itd depend on the ppl, the workload n how they handle it all. if its 2 difficult, take a break 2, or else u shuld b fine...

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
It's stupid to break up for the HSC. If you do, you probably won't last through anything else anyway! It's all about TIME MANAGEMENT and BALANCE. Even if you study, you still need a break. Sure, it'll be hard trying to balance the HSC and your partner but you should both be supportive for the HSC. The girl might feel neglected if you don't contact her as often but I'm sure she'll understand that it's because you had a date with your books and that's better than if it were with another girl.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My bf and I only started going out during stuvac last year. Naturally, we didn't go out much for the first few weeks, and we helped each other study and stuff.

You're stupid if you break it off. Study should not take up all of your time, and neither should your partner. You should be able to talk to them for a few hours every day (use msn rather than a phone, because you can study and chat at the same time), and go out once or twice a week during stuvac, and still do well in your studies. If you go out at night, that leaves the whole day free for work.

If your partner demands more time, then you can tell them to get stuffed.

Rebecca1234

HSC
I do agree with those who say it is 'stupid if u break up coz of the HSC' but i also agree that it is also understandable if someone wanted to end it coz of their HSC, but my opinion is it depends on the circumstances of the relationship, like if the relationship has been a long term relationship or if it is a hook up or whatever, u need to work out the times in which u should see each other as each of you need to understand what the HSc is about etc. Like ^^^ someone said earlier that if u see each other at night it gives u all day to see each other which is correct :D. But overall, its up to both u and ur partner. i jus think cutting on the time u spend together should be ok.

filosophy

filosophy
HSC
N/A
i think u should get in a relationship b4 exams, or have one in mind
better chance of success!

Dr_Doom

HSC
who knows. it depends on the type of person, type of relationship and many other factors. this is not a yes or no answer.

Redgoddess

HSC
i worked heaps harder when i was in a rlnship, oh the irony that my mum banned me from seeing her cos i was "distracted"... i've done soooooooooo much less work since we broke up, for a while cos i was depressed and now...cos i'm just too goddamn apathetic and it's not like "well if i do work now i can see her later" or we can study together or whatever. *shrugs*

Dr_Doom

HSC
Redgoddess said:
i worked heaps harder when i was in a rlnship, oh the irony that my mum banned me from seeing her cos i was "distracted"... i've done soooooooooo much less work since we broke up, for a while cos i was depressed and now...cos i'm just too goddamn apathetic and it's not like "well if i do work now i can see her later" or we can study together or whatever. *shrugs*
You have the wrong mentality. You should think of it like "well if i do work now I'll be more sucessful in life than her".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)