Relationship with Homosexuals (1 Viewer)

Would your companionship change because of his/her homosexuality?

• Yes

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Not too sure...

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jebbie said:
Im straight, and don't believe homosexuality is right, but I am not going to 'defreind' someone because they have a different sexual preference to me/the fact I don't believe its morally right. I mean I'm a Christian, I don't believe lying/underage drinking/having sex before marriage is right, but I dont force my views on others, what they do is their decision, I mean theyre adults (mostly) anyway.
you're not 18 yet

and you drink :/

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I believe that homosexuality is something you are born with. If people could change it, they would.

Thats why the 'I don't believe in homosexuality' statement is so ludicrous. It exists, believe it.

It would take me some time to adjust to because there is a new part of the person that makes them who they are, but ultimately unless they homosexuality changed who they were personality wise before, I don't see why it would change.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
braad said:
you're not 18 yet

and you drink :/
Only little amounts and not that often. :\

I don't think its right, but Im not perfect and I am trying to be better.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jebbie said:
Only little amounts and not that often. :\

I don't think its right, but Im not perfect and I am trying to be better.
:/

as if it's problem, i dont see why you need to say you're trying to be better when you're not an alcoholic

jebbie

HSC
brogan77 said:
:/ Stop :| using :\ those ^_^ gay :- icons :/\|_- please.
Its just cos Im azn. o:

Stop discriminating :\

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
this is the thread where that'll be accepted

HSC
lmao brad i finally remember you from lugarno, the dude with freckles; i used to talk to your younger brother

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
finally?

god man, took you ages

you talked to my brother? great...you'll be ignored now

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
I've been through it personally and YES it bloody does change the relationship. You can't give them straight jokes and straight talk becasue they don't get it. Its really awkward especially when the homosexual is in group with staright people because there tends to be a subconscious rejection of the homosexual. An example of this is when going out to a bar where the mood is to have a good time. In a way it is homophobia because you are scared to talk to them about straight issues and thus the straights avoid the homosexual and thus implying homophobia. It's also really weird hanging around a homosexual moreso than a bisexual a homosexual wants somone of the same gender as yourself and they may be checking out people in the shops and other places. Things may also happen like if you are friends because of a common interest you may question yourself if that interest is homosexually orientated and you may find yourself inquiring about your sexual preference which may or may not happen according to your friend circumstances.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
thats weird, and a bit tight

cant say we ever had that problem, they made gay and straight jokes as did we. Maybe it's just the type of person they are

jebbie

HSC
miaomiao said:
Just to set this back on topic. I can't beleive the results of this poll! Of course it changes the relationship... and I speak from very recent personal experience with a guy who I was friends with, hooked up w/ in highschool, had no idea was gay... The relationship changes... it really does because now I know he has no sexual attraction to me hence no sexual tension hence I feel heaps more comfortable around him... he's just like a chick fwend it's pretty cool... but also sooooo weird to get my head around.

It's different when you're not really close to someone but still friends with them then suddenly find out their gay... of course then it's just like... oh really!, didn't know that, good for them, really doesn't change my life outlook!
You say of course it affects the relationship but thats because it affects it for you! Its youre opinionand you cant say the poll results arent right, you cant thrust youre own opinion on others and you cant say their opinion is wrong. Its them and how they feel about an issue, an opinion can never be wrong :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jebbie said:
You say of course it affects the relationship but thats because it affects it for you! Its youre opinionand you cant say the poll results arent right, you cant thrust youre own opinion on others and you cant say their opinion is wrong. Its them and how they feel about an issue, an opinion can never be wrong :)
:/

jess...where the fuck did that come from?

miaomiao said:
Just to set this back on topic. I can't beleive the results of this poll! Of course it changes the relationship... and I speak from very recent personal experience with a guy who I was friends with
sorry, cant say my friends were fuckbuddies like yours was. Yours changed because one less guy liked you, maybe you were ther eason he went gay? some say girls make guys gay you know, it's a possibility.

btw, i think when they said "did the friendship change" they meant in a big way. If your friend gets a new bf/gf your friendship changes in a minor way, jussst liiiike when someone is gay (i'd say). They probably meant something like "OMGZ YOU'RE GEI, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!"

ok, maybe im exaggerating AND just writing complete shit...that we wont know.

HSC
N/A
miaomiao said:
Just to set this back on topic. I can't beleive the results of this poll! Of course it changes the relationship... and I speak from very recent personal experience with a guy who I was friends with, hooked up w/ in highschool, had no idea was gay... The relationship changes... it really does because now I know he has no sexual attraction to me hence no sexual tension hence I feel heaps more comfortable around him... he's just like a chick fwend it's pretty cool... but also sooooo weird to get my head around.

It's different when you're not really close to someone but still friends with them then suddenly find out their gay... of course then it's just like... oh really!, didn't know that, good for them, really doesn't change my life outlook!
you poor naive fool

it's probably an elaborate ploy to get you comfortable, and then BAM, before you know it you're having sex.

HSC
kow_dude said:
Hey...

This is a question/poll for the straight people:

Say, you have just found out that a friend of yours is a homosexual, would your relationship/friendship/interaction with that person change in any way? If so, how?

it depends on how close the friendship is. A mate of mine just came out that he's bi, but it really doesnt concern me that much as long he doesnt start hitting on me or like making out with a guy right in front of me...

but if my best mate told be he was gay i'd be kinda scared coz we have often had to sleep in the same room after a night out or somethin... for obvious reasons that'd freak you out once you knew that they were gay...

HSC
braad said:
finally?

god man, took you ages

you talked to my brother? great...you'll be ignored now
i still remember talking to you, you went too loosh care! come on we actually talked quiet abit i was good friends with darren/nick (then)

Trev

stix
HSC
Ok...

FoodForthought: I have slept in the same room with a straight friend when he knew I was gay, friends shouldn't care and mine don't.

2sense: Jokes don't change. All my friends and I still make gay/straight jokes. They know i'm fine with it. I'm really open about it too, they've understood that if they want to know details into my personal life they're going to hear about guys and they're kool with that. I still listen to them talk about chicks, it's only fair haha.

miaomiao: Don't let him being gay stop you from hooking up with him for fun, I still hook up with chicks for fun and they know i'm gay. It's all in the spirit of things. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)