Red P Plate test Penrith (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
has anyone done the red p-plate test at the penrith RTA, if so can u please tell the route and manoeuvres tested.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Re: P Plate test Penrith

Starts at the RTA and then you head directly to Panthers. You and the instructor share a few beers and then you hop back into the car. The instructor gauges how well you can drive under the influence of alcohol, with you then heading back to the RTA once the instructor has made a clear judgement of this.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Re: P Plate test Penrith

Starts at the RTA and then you head directly to Panthers. You and the instructor share a few beers and then you hop back into the car. The instructor gauges how well you can drive under the influence of alcohol, with you then heading back to the RTA once the instructor has made a clear judgement of this.
You forgot the part where you have to jump the eshays in the parking lot. The longer the mullet on the eshay, the more points you score.

D94

HSC
N/A
I can barely remember the route but it was roughly:

Turn right out the RTA/RMS (so you're on York Rd)
Turn left at the roundabout (Jamison Rd)
Turn right at the traffic light (Mulgoa Rd)
Turn right at the traffic light (Ransley St)
Turn left at the t-junction (Station St)
--now it becomes a bit of a blur, but I eventually drove passed Officeworks, so I guess I turned onto Derby St then turned onto Evan St
So now on Evan St, I went over the railway, then I turned right at the roundabout (Cox Ave)
--another blur because I eventually got onto The Northern Road/Parker St so I must have turned into one of the side streets since you can't turn right from Cox Ave to The Northern Road.
So now on The Northern Road, I kept going until I think Smith St intersection (which was then a right turn) because I remember there was a wide central traffic dividing thing which had trees.
At that point, I was in a residential area, which I then did a reverse parallel park in one of the small streets.
Then somehow got back to the RTA.

Literally drove the entire perimeter of Penrith.

D94

HSC
N/A
Seems like it. In that case, I have no idea. The routes would be similar though and you will only do special manoeuvres in quiet residential areas.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
ok, how long does the test last approximately?
Can take 30 minutes. Can take 1 hour. Really the examiner has to make sure they have tested you on enough items first. Also depends on the examiner as I know some people who took like 20 minutes for some odd reason (not sure how because mine was so long in comparison and it wasn't even heavy traffic) . Mine took about 50 minutes.

D94

HSC
N/A
I think mine only went for 20 minutes. Maybe it was longer but it felt quite quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)