Red Bull and V (1 Viewer)

aquarian_jen

HSC
N/A
Do you do them? As in to help for studying, and if so, do you find they help?

Personally I don't really find they help me memorise or 'be smarter', but they definitely keep me awake and more focused. Although I haven't tried them before an actual exam yet... would this be smart or could it screw me half way through by making me go on like a caffeine low or something?

I have also heard many rumours about how they are bad for you. But I don't know. Your thoughts?

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I try not to rely on energy drinks too much. I've heard news that in Taiwan, a guy killed himself from drinking too much Taiwanese energy drinks. I know it's Aus here, but you can never be too careful >.>;

V's the only thing I drink and the first time I drank it was during the stuvac before the half yearly's. They just help me stay concentrated and awake rather than smarter, like you said. Now, during the days I have in between the trials to study, I take bottle occasionally.

Try not to rely on them. I know V bottles do say 1.5 bottles max per day, dunno about others. I only drink them at the most dire of situations; They taste horrible IMO, like soda mixed with baby medicine x.x;

amyg238

HSC
I've recently started drinking a can of V the day before an exam so I can study late.
But I've never drunk one right before an exam.

The only other time I ever really drink them is before going moshing at a concert.

Redbull I've never tasted, but to blatantly judge a book by its cover, V cans are more attractive. Hahaha

sinistah

procrastinator =D
HSC
i drink V but not to stay awake or nefing...i just like the taste!

my mate drinkz around 4-6 red bullz the night b4 assessments or exams...seems 2 work for him as hes topping most of his subjectz -_- ...i supposed he could just be smart o_O

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i have those weird energy pills , they never seem to work though.

beentherdunthat

HSC
V makes you horny... gives you nasty fantasiesssssss!!!! hahahahahaha

williams180

HSC
i drink a can either a V or a redbull before my exams and personally it keeps me relaxed and focused and stimulates my memory

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
v is lyk my water =d.
without it, id fall alseep studyin. this waii atleast im hyper whilst i study :D
heck, atleast i get study done this way.

ashleypage

HSC
No Doze is pretty good for keeping awake before assessment tasks. I don't use them for exams though. Except one of my friends overdosed once lol she had to go to hospital.

kazx123

HSC
i go through 3-4 cans of V a day whenever i'm studying..
until trials i was having one before every exam too, but if you drink it before your trials you'll need to go to the bathroom during the exam.. is it worth wasting precious exam time? ^^

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Redbull works wonders when you need to stay up late to study/last minute assignments :p

angelbird72

HSC
I know people who constantly drink V or Redbull, but I find that I really don't want or need them...

Some people say they like the taste, but I generally don't like the taste of new things I try, it has to have time to grow on me. And buying heaps of expensive energy drink just to wait and see if I end up liking it eventually doesn't really tickle my fancy.

As for the staying awake to study angle, I've never actually had any trouble with that. It seems I can pretty much summon awakeness at will. I think I could stay awake all night if I had things to do. Sure, I'd look shocking the next day, but apart from that ascetic drawback I'd be fine.

So no, I'm not really keen on energy drinks. I don't feel a need for them.

That said, if they help you, and you use a bit of common sense about how much you drink, then that's all good too. I do think if you're going to try drinking it just before an exam though, you should have a test run before anything truely important, maybe drinking some before a day of school, or before doing a past paper, just to see how if affects you.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Tradition on tafe arvo's (cause they go for 4hrs) is grab a bottle of hemp (highly enjoyable magic potion) at 1/2 break. :D

It's like V, but tastes weirder. XD
Apart from that, I tend to stay away unless I'm crapping out at work.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
Taste like crap, give me a headache, not as good as coffee and make me concentrate less (mainly because I'm jumping off walls).

Abercrombi3

HSC
v seems to keep me on task, only use it when i really need to (just got 2 :D) redbull is the same as v but without that V aftertaste :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Lolz ;)

I haven't drunk any of those energy drinks, and am unlikely to in the future. I just don't, no real reason why.
Me too. Ive never had a can of V or red bull in my life. Never needed it, dont see a point.

And im not a health freak or anything, but i dont like the idea of adding unecessary chemicals to my body...

~untitled~

HSC
i drink a can of v before exams... its my substitute for sleep. so that i can study all night and not get tired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)