Reading msn histories (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I don't keep logs any more, not because of fear of having them read but because it's more like face to face conversation that way. Your conversations in real life don't get saved (unless you carry a tape recorder around with you everywhere)

m.c.moey

Purple's a fruit
HSC
lol as if you could read some1 elses convo and understand the meaning..
i have many convos a day where if someone else read them they wud totally misunderstand or misinterpret the meaning.. its just wrong to read other peoples logs .. and then 2 hold em against it is even worse

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
this should also include reading phone messages and reading diaries (if you're the guy)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
<stalker>
Privacy only exists to be violated, so imho email accounts, diaries, phone messages, journals, message histories and photobucket accounts are all fair game if you can get access to them.
</stalker>

No really, anyone who keeps message histories is pretty lame.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
why? msn just does it automatically, and if i feel like reading them every once in a while to see what someone said about a particular issue then i dont see the problem

Darkening

HSC
When my gf goes on msn at my hosue, I just leave the room... I hate knowing about other guys in her life, concidering I am kinda the jelous type (And also because I know what we talk about eg. I say "I love you" alot to random people, if she sees that she will think when I say it, it means nothing"

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
<stalker>
Privacy only exists to be violated, so imho email accounts, diaries, phone messages, journals, message histories and photobucket accounts are all fair game if you can get access to them.
</stalker>

No really, anyone who keeps message histories is pretty lame.
It's useful for when you forget birthdays or wipe phone numbers.

Redgoddess

HSC
mmm half the time ppl i'm talking to on msn misinterpret what i say, so i'd hate for someone not involved at all to read my convos. i keep the histories...dunno why, dont really ever use em, cept for when ppl have given me phone numbers and crap like that, or times and stuff.

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
It's useful for when you forget birthdays or wipe phone numbers.
^ That's one of the biggest reasons why I keep logs :/

Way too many people give me information I'm supposed to remember via msn - uni group assessment meeting times (and topics!!), phone numbers, party invites, and incredibly funny stuff said on the spur of the moment that you never remember to write down :p

If I was organised enough to always have pen and paper next to the computer then maybe I wouldn't keep logs, but otherwise I feel it's extremely useful as a kind of "fallback memory" :p (everyone's familiar with the "Oh damn, where did they say we were supposed to meet up again?" feeling, yes?)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Redgoddess said:
mmm half the time ppl i'm talking to on msn misinterpret what i say, so i'd hate for someone not involved at all to read my convos.
yeah, that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want someone else reading my convos.

I also hate msn for that ^reason, I hardly ever go on.

I'd rather talk to the person in real life instead :uhhuh:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ That's one of the biggest reasons why I keep logs :/

Way too many people give me information I'm supposed to remember via msn - uni group assessment meeting times (and topics!!), phone numbers, party invites, and incredibly funny stuff said on the spur of the moment that you never remember to write down :p

If I was organised enough to always have pen and paper next to the computer then maybe I wouldn't keep logs, but otherwise I feel it's extremely useful as a kind of "fallback memory" :p (everyone's familiar with the "Oh damn, where did they say we were supposed to meet up again?" feeling, yes?)
Siff need pen/paper instead of just having a notepad window open.

HSC
N/A
what if you're too busy multi-tasking/laughing at something someone said elsewhere on msn to think about using notepad :/

frazzle

HSC
I hate message history, and refuse to keep one. It destroys all spontaneity if it's going to be scrutinised over later. If it's something important enough I'll write it down in my schedule or phone which I keep with me all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)