Rate this: TRD Aurion (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Rate this: TRD Aurion

What does BoS think of the TRD Aurion?

Link for info: Toyota TRD Aurion 3500S – Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia

I think it was a good effort by Toyota and they definitely sharpened up their image as more than just boring Camry's... with a nice supercharger and a bit of trim upgrades, TRD have done a decent effort to improve the Aurion. That being said, the Aurion was never intended to be a real contender against the HSV's and FPV's in terms of RWD or drive. So what is it up against? The Subaru Legacy? Unfortunately the Toyota doesn't really stand much chance there either. So really, all this car ends up being is a hotted up Camry. On the plus side though, at least it has Toyota reliability!

Last edited:

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iv driven a AT-X aurion quite a bit, they are nice cars, excellent build quality, nice motors with heaps of power

too much power imo

lol stamp your foot and you get massive axle tramp, wheelspin for days, torque steer like nothing i have ever heard of

highway speeds it is nice

visibility is nonexistant, quite literally you cannot see anything behind you that is shorter than 1.5m

gearbox is slow too with no sports mode

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think Toyota should invest more in RWD? I think if they had a good RWD base to begin with, the TRD Aurion might've been more successful. That being said, the Aurion is just a Camry with a bodykit (in other markets it's simply branded a V6 Camry).

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oops i didnt even get to my point

my point was that the stock aurion has too much power lol 240kw is way way tooo much

4wd would be nice

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oops i didnt even get to my point

my point was that the stock aurion has too much power lol 240kw is way way tooo much

4wd would be nice
Yeh AWD on that car would've made a huge difference. And 241kW or whatever it is is hectic. That's right up there with Evo's and STI's.

Interestingly Toyota pit this car against far more established players...
Instead, Toyota is pitching the warmed-over Aurion at more “sophisticated” performance cars, such as the Volkswagen Golf R32 and Subaru Liberty GT.
URL: TRD Aurion hints at Toyota excitement - www.drive.com.au

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
See i think that is silly. It isnt that refined lol stomp your foot in a liberty GT and you dont get torque steer and tryes spinning off their heads lol

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
not so much unrefined as brash

it is very refined for a big 6

just

violent lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Both R32 Golf and Liberty have AWD going for them... may not have as much power but I'm pretty sure in both daily driving and on a track, they'd smash the overweight FWD TRD Aurion.

quik.

HSC
I think they look good and have heard good things but beyond that have no real opinion apart from the fact that drivers of the aurion still seem to adhere to 'fucking camry driver' stereotypes

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed about the look. The bodykit is awesome and it made my cousins in Malaysia very interested in buying the Camry V6 and slapping on the TRD Aurion bodykit.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Theres no way it can be in the same league as a legacy
the TRD Aurion will shit over the Liberty/LegacyGT

but the AT-X, Sporitvo, Prod etc

will get hammered by the libertyGT

But it will be slightly better than sub 3.0R and no need to mention the lower models of the liberty

TRD was just too powerful, illogically powerful, as someone said, should of invested in RWD, but then i think Toyota wanted to literally brand and convert the typical FWD, which they tried unsuccesfully.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
But the driveability and stability of an AWD Legacy (nb. I'm Malaysian hence I use the local names) is far more important than having a huge amount of power/torque in a car which cannot fully utilise it...

... on another note, I got overtaken by a Legacy on the highway and it was doing at least 220km/h! Crazy... also maintained perfect stability/control as it came up behind us, and overtook.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
But the driveability and stability of an AWD Legacy (nb. I'm Malaysian hence I use the local names) is far more important than having a huge amount of power/torque in a car which cannot fully utilise it...

... on another note, I got overtaken by a Legacy on the highway and it was doing at least 220km/h! Crazy... also maintained perfect stability/control as it came up behind us, and overtook.

yep, hence why i said illogical as well, liberty/legacy are nice cars well to me only 3.0R and up ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)