Ranks for french! (1 Viewer)

coralie1994

HSC
Hey guys! I just got my rank for french and it's hpnestly horrible! I ran out of time to complete the reading and responding so that screwed me over so bad! but for speaking & listening i managed to get full marks and i got a 14/15 for the writing section... now my rank is 30/50 ... which is horrible!! can i still manage to get a band 6 for french? I do it through open high school by the way?

Kittikhun

HSC
Can I ask you, how on earth did you manage to finish all the other sections of the exam but not the R and R section? That's pretty weird. In what order did you do the sections of the exam? If I were you, I would have done the exam in the order of firstly fixing up my answers for listening, then doing the R and R section, and lastly doing the writing section, which is the most flexible part of the exam that you can manipulate if you are pressed for time. Anyway, to answer your question, I really don't know, but I'd guess that if you are doing French continuers; and you have an average mark of 85+ across all of your internal assessments, even with an overall rank of 30/50; and you maintain all those excellent marks across speaking, listening, and writing together with a drastically huge improvement in the R and R section when you do the HSC exam, you will have a good chance of earning a band 6. However, I must ask you, does it really matter if you still can get a band 6 or not in this subject? Are you going to put less effort into French because you are rather doubtful about earning a mark in that band? If so, I have to tell you, what's in the past is in the past and you can't do anything about it. Don't go worrying or trying to control something you can't control as it doesn't do s h i t (sorry for swearing if you are demure and all, but no other word does what I am saying by this justice) and you will only lose and suffer from it in the end. You did your best in the circumstances of the time, so stop flapping about your rank because you can't do s h i t about it now and just study your ass off and try your best to get the best mark you possibly can get even if you feel that the chances for you of earning a band 6 may be a bit forlorn. Anyhow, in extrapolating from your excellent marks across all the other sections besides R and R (improve on that), I am 100% sure that you will get a high band 5 as a minimum mark in the HSC in French and, as you probably already know, a high band 5 and higher (i.e. a mark of 85+) in a language subject at the continuers level scales will very well, and, plus, when you get into university nobody gives a crap about what you got in the HSC or what your ATAR was, well, unless if you decide to transfer into another more competitive course or university along the way.

coralie1994

HSC
Thank you so much! you really helped.. pretty much gave me a reality check! lol But yeah K already did my hsc speaking and i felt confident so hopefully i get full marks again. I shouldve done the exam logically but last time i actually had problems finishing my writing so that brought me down.. so instead to make up for it, i actually spent more time on the writing (which is really stupid of me), but in my previous assessments i actually achieve a 38/40 or r+r so i know i'm capable of doing it. Time management just kills it for me every time!-.- but it's okay i'm working on it! thank you once again :)

Last edited:

yours

HSC
hi I know what you mean I did the same test for the trial (IN THE LISTENING THERE WAS A QUESTION ABOUT USING FISH AS A NEW METHOD TO CLEAN YOUR SKIN AT BEAUTY CLINICS), I also found that there wasn't enough time. Do you write over the suggested lines for R+R? I do and the answers are so long I think that's what makes me slow at finishing the exam.

isabellatres

HSC
Uni Grad
this is exactly the same problem with me.
that fucking question about fish cleaning the skin.. WTF
I spent an extra 20 minutes filling in the listening part, and only JUST finished.
I never thought that timing would be such a massive problem in french but it is.. same in French Ext

LouisaCar

HSC
I stuffffffed my French beginners exam & got 80%... it was worth 20% internal. Can I still get a band 6 :O
&& also how do you study for listening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)