• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rankings required for a 99.95 ATAR hopeful :) (1 Viewer)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Looking at the OP's subjects, and the response by many about having to be first across the board, if they had a lower than rank 50 school.
If I were to get a 99.95, what rankings would I need if I did

Math Extension 2: /8
Math Extension 1: /20
English Advanced: /30
English Extension 1: /12
Chemistry: /30
Physics: /30
Economics: /20

My subjects will be pretty high scaling, If I went to a rank 70s school. Would I too need first across the board, and if I were to say get second in only 1 or 2 (for example in 3U math and Chemistry) would that deny me a chance of 99.95 even if I do great in externals?

If I were to get only second in one of them, do I still have a chance?

Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
At a top 70 school I would say coming first in each subject would put you in the best position for .95. Coming second or third in a subject weakens your position, as you will pretty much have to depend on others to do well externally. We arent talking about a great deal of difference mark wise, but with that kind of aim you have little room in which to stuff up.

HSC
She said she couldn't top it - not that she wasn't good at it. She also said that she was topping 2u maths, which obviously indicates that she's at least somewhat mathematically competent.

She wouldn't have to top it in order for it to count/outscale something like Biology, or Economics, since a mark of 88 or so WILL count over a 93-ish in Biology.
mmmmm. yes it was a mistake that I made due to my lack of confidence in maths but also because I knew to get a Band 6 or E4 I would have to make maths my primary subject which I didn't really want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)