• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Racist Voilence at Australia Day (1 Viewer)

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
give police powers to beat up people, who use verbal abuse. i also lol at radio/tv hosts saying people from outside the area.

greekgun

HSC
They should open our borders completely.

Fuck this xenophobia shit
Fuck that. More foreigners coming in means more people going on centerlink (and have u noticed how many come to this country with their whole family and they all get benifits and money from centerlink), which will result in higher taxes. If you work hard in this country and are in a high tax bracket u get taxed almost half of what you earn. Our taxes are quite high enough so fuck off.

coopert

HSC
Ugh, I could see this coming a mile away.

I am a patriot, and I will declare my love for Australia till the day that I die. It's an awesome country, and if I didn't love it, then I wouldn't live here! However, there is a clear limit between being 'patriotic' and taking it just one step too far .. This 'limit' is normally involving alcohol fueled racial violence; which bogans seem to do all to frequently these days. It's as if they use 'patriotism' as a guise, or an excuse even, to vilify other races or ethnicities.

Case in point; I was unfortunate enough to had been driving through the Southerland Shire (Cronulla) during Australia Day, and I have never seen so many Australian flags in my life... and unfortunately, I don't mean that in a good way.

Hundreds of bogans were stumbling around mumbling patriotic slogans whilst displaying their Southern Cross tatoos with a can of Bundaburg Rum in one hand, while a vodka/energy drink concoction was the drink of choice for the classy ladies who were present. While I didn't see any violence or anything, it just made me uncomfortable.

I guess what I'm meaning to say, is that while I am obviously disgusted, dissapointed, and saddened at hearing about drunken racial hate crimes on our national holliday; I think that the fact that I am not even the least bit surprised, is the real sad part. It's as if this shit is almost EXPECTED or something.

Screw the "we grew here, you flew here" bullshit, we should force every bogan in the country to pack up and go to Nauru. It's white bogans who are fucking this country up, not the majority of immigrants who only come here for a better life

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Ugh, I could see this coming a mile away.

I am a patriot, and I will declare my love for Australia till the day that I die. It's an awesome country, and if I didn't love it, then I wouldn't live here! However, there is a clear limit between being 'patriotic' and taking it just one step too far .. This 'limit' is normally involving alcohol fueled racial violence; which bogans seem to do all to frequently these days. It's as if they use 'patriotism' as a guise, or an excuse even, to vilify other races or ethnicities.

Case in point; I was unfortunate enough to had been driving through the Southerland Shire (Cronulla) during Australia Day, and I have never seen so many Australian flags in my life... and unfortunately, I don't mean that in a good way.

Hundreds of bogans were stumbling around mumbling patriotic slogans whilst displaying their Southern Cross tatoos with a can of Bundaburg Rum in one hand, while a vodka/energy drink concoction was the drink of choice for the classy ladies who were present. While I didn't see any violence or anything, it just made me uncomfortable.

I guess what I'm meaning to say, is that while I am obviously disgusted, dissapointed, and saddened at hearing about drunken racial hate crimes on our national holliday; I think that the fact that I am not even the least bit surprised, is the real sad part. It's as if this shit is almost EXPECTED or something.

Screw the "we grew here, you flew here" bullshit, we should force every bogan in the country to pack up and go to Nauru. It's white bogans who are fucking this country up, not the majority of immigrants who only come here for a better life
repped

Looks like the most popular way to prove yourself a proud australian is to wear a strayan flag around yourself, get p1ssed, not be able to handle your alcohol and act like a complete moron while assaulting 15 year old girls and life savers while dumping yer rubbish all over the beach only to wake up the next morning in a daze not remembering how much of a fucking tool you were the night before and looking at all the rubbish on the beach and blaming da w0gz for the mess.

I think some of these strayan kids these days need a good old fashioned beating across the head and a lesson on what really made australia great and the sacrifices made by some of the real australian heroes of the past - the Italian and Croatian immigrants who were forced to live in this sh1thole and transform the place from a well done (burnt) lamb chop and two veggie cultural wasteland to the semi-great imitation nation it is (was) today before the current crop of big brother obsessed morons popped up demanding the government do something to make house prices fall so that they can afford to live in mansions by the sea or harbour but paying it off on their toilet paper arts degree media studies jobs paying $45k per year rather than slogging it out working 70 hours per week doing real work with no holidays or plasma tv's for the privilege of one day retiring young as landlords with multi million dollar property portfolios so that we can sit back eating grapes and salami and homemade wine while we charge strayan battlers a shiload in annual rental increases and laugh our arses off about it.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
im having nacho's for dinner because im a patriot

when was the last time mexicans pissed people off?

thats right.

greekgun

HSC
Get rid of centrelink and the minimum wage. Problem solved. Australia becomes the economic powerhouse of the 21st century.
Then wat happens to all the people who really do need it and who really cant work like the elderly, disabled, and students who are disadvantaged and what not?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Get rid of centrelink and the minimum wage. Problem solved. Australia becomes the economic powerhouse of the 21st century.
I concede the economy would probably grow even faster then normal temporarily (according to a logistic curve, and then possible actually have slower growth due to the health and social problems caused). At permanent cost to the lower classes.

So we'd be trading quality of life for temporary money? How pointless.

Last edited:

prime-factor

HSC

Good ideas. But to be an economic powerhouse we have to start producing and manufacturing again. Too many jobs have been lost to overseas workers and not enough goods are Australian made. Globalization is partly responsible for this.

zstar

HSC
N/A
These fucking dole bludgers taking pride in things they never achieved.

Once they scrap welfare these pieces of shit will be leeching off society in their trailer parks.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Good ideas. But to be an economic powerhouse we have to start producing and manufacturing again. Too many jobs have been lost to overseas workers and not enough goods are Australian made. Globalization is partly responsible for this.
How exactly? Stopping immigration would cause a massive skill shortage (25% of Australians weren't born in Australia, compared with a 4.5% unemployment rate) as well as trigger rapid population ageing. Neither of these is at all good for the economy.

So how has a job been lost if an overseas worker occupies it? Most of the jobs 'lost' are actually jobs created and then filled by overseas workers - an economic boost not possible normally. The unemployment rate speaks for itself here.

Moreover, immigration produces a unique innovation boost which is something you simply can't replicate without people with different ideas and points of view coming into the country. As you probably know, innovation is the driving force of the free market (i.e. capitalism).

Last edited:

prime-factor

HSC
How exactly? Stopping immigration would cause a massive skill shortage (25% of Australians weren't born in Australia, compared with a 4.5% unemployment rate) as well as trigger rapid population ageing. Neither of these is at all good for the economy.

So how has a job been lost if an overseas worker occupies it? Most of the jobs 'lost' are actually jobs created and then filled by overseas workers - an economic boost not possible normally. The unemployment rate speaks for itself here.

Moreover, immigration produces a unique innovation boost which is something you simply can't replicate without people with different ideas and points of view coming into the country. As you probably know, innovation is the driving force of the free market (i.e. capitalism).
Your points are fantastic. But I think that they are a little bit idealistic in some cases. Also, I am not overly trusting of the official unemployment rate. People are immigrating to Australia that are willing to work for pennies because they know that it is a fact that Australians will not work for such low rates.

Secondly as for overseas jobs lost, being created and then filled by overseas workers. This is true. But if you look at the amount of food that is imported into Australia from foreign countries rather than coming from Australian farmers. Australian farmers have a hard time competing, that's if they stick around long enough to do so.

As for the innovation boost. I agree. But look at the price that is being paid.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Reader's Comments: Racism, death: Dark side of our Day - The Daily Telegraph

i think the comments are so right, I am a proud true blue aussie and i love my country. speak english or go home, accpet our rules or go home, we have too many nationallites in australia, send them all back to their own country and let them live with the wars in their countires. don't come and live in my country but protest for your own country, australia needs to harden up and stop letting these pests into our country I am all for the shirts and I can say I would happily wear one out in public and I know alot of my friends would as well!! Aussie Aussie aussie, oi oi oi
Posted by: Trudy of sydney 8:22am today
Comment 12 of 190

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
prime-factor... your trying to argue on economics, and yet you are being so subjective... truth be told immigrants into australia are good for the economy as a whole. More competition for work, therefore more productive and more efficient.

I find your views very conservative, and not well founded... what are you going to argue that CAD is bad as well?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's funny how these "aussie pride" characters apparently hate free speech and the right to dissent, which I would have thought were core Australian values. They especially hate that all citizens are granted equal rights. If 2nd generation citizens complain it's okay, but new citizens should not have that right.

They'd seem to prefer Australia adopted say, communist chinese values, where you can't dissent, and hyper-nationalism reigns supreme.

X

xeuyrawp

:spzz: :spzz:

We didn't kill high value manf, but we're not designed for mass produced manf.

It's this retarded notion that everyone gets to go to university that's fucking us at every level.

UWS and half of the fucking rural universities are proof of this.

Close down every uni that isn't UNCLE, UNSW, USYD and ANU in this state and make them all do trades or manufacturing.

Shut down everything at UTS that isn't Engineering or Science.
aTHIS IS HOW NAZISM STARTED.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)