r we meeting up again? (2 Viewers)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
Im sorry Ziff but have you ever been to uni? You seem to think you're an expert but to the best of my knowledge ur still in year 12??
I don't see how saying that terms like "street smart" and "textbook smart" are a load of crap or two short paragraphs on what I've read on this forum that employers prefer to see high averages in order to refute someone who said the point of uni was to get enough marks to not have to pay $400 for another semester or that certain professions require different skills come off as me showing my experise about anything.

I don't see how any of those parts relate to my being an "expert" on university.

Pudgedog

what someone said, was that all you need is to pass so you dont have to do the subject again.
and your saying (forgot who "you" are) that employers look for higher averages.

which. is a pretty easy outcome to come to. employers want people with better marks.

now for some reason, before i clarified that, i found it hard to understand. maybe its because you people said it retarded, im not quite sure.

i hope my post is the last on that subject.

also i am aware of the "street smart" thing, i just think that no one really gives it any credit, and i dont really blame them. if a guy knows his way around or does whatever street smart is good for no one going to go "whoa that guy sure is smart" they're going to say something else.
im guessing that did nothing to help the street smart arguement, so i've dug myself a hole.

ghey.

Ninga

HSC
Cool. Ziff is in year 12. I see where the arrogance comes from. Come to uni, live a little and then comment on the topic. Right now, you, my dear child, are like a fish out of water, on foreign land, and have no idea. But you do remind me of a lot of people before they come to uni. Its always heartening to see the people that come after you thinking what you thought at their age. Kudos to you for your sense of righteousness, and love for education. Good luck :)

santaslayer

HSC
eh.....can u people present ur arguments a little shorter....i dun wanna read too much.....its hurting my brain! :)

I only made a comment to pudgy about law students not necessarily being smart..then came the eruption and flameing..LoLZ

must be the most controversial guy in the forum.:D

Pudgedog

well i'd think high marks means smart.
if a guy with shitty marks came up to me and said he was smart, i'd have a little doubts.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Smart people should be allowed to be smart. People who try and bring them down by trivialising their intelligence by categorising them as "textbook smart" are just stupid people!

Generally, it's those people who categorise themselves as "street smart" - see the tall poppy syndrome operating in action!

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Smart people should be allowed to be smart. People who try and bring them down by trivialising their intelligence by categorising them as "textbook smart" are just stupid people!

Generally, it's those people who categorise themselves as "street smart" - see the tall poppy syndrome operating in action!
Wooooo.......defensive! :p

Mr Accelerated Chemistry Boy! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)