r we meeting up again? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
many people actually rip the hsc but fail uni misrebly...
thats coz they are TEXTBOOK SMART, not STREET SMART!

Pudgedog

i dont see how uni is "street smart"
actually im pretty sure its still text book smart.

suz

HSC
ha ha santa, I do get what u r saying bout being street smart, I totally agree.
While I think I did my absolute best in the HSC and UAI wise I don't think I'm particularly street smart. There is a difference IMO

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Textbook smart/street smart are just lingo that dumb people use to try and justify their stupidity.

Pudgedog

well i could see how walking through an alley and not dying takes some skills.

so i give the people with "Street smart" some credit.

i just dont think it has any relevance to the gaining of money.
legitimately.
and on a desk.

suz

HSC
ziff are u calling me dumb cause i don't think I'm street smart???
Justifying my stupidity pffft
i can acknowledge my own stupidity when necessary, I don't need to justify it...
Tony I agree with you about the whole street smart doesn't help you succeed money wise

Ziff

HSC
N/A
No, I said that people who claim they're "street smart" as opposed to "textbook smart" or say things like "oh she's a dumb-smart" or other stupid things like that are just trying to justify that they are stupid.

People who are smart don't generally go around justifying "oh I can't play sports like that, they must be rule-smart! I'm still good at sports because I can run around the block, that's worth more than being able to play a sport" or something to that effect.

It's just an inferiority thing with people who try to justify they have certain types of "smartness". Shouldn't be using such terms anyway, they mean nothing and that's the point.

Ninga

HSC
Any type of intelligience in the end is beneficial, be it street smart, text book smart, or gutter smart :) Uni involves a lot of textbook stuff, but a lot of natural intelligience, curiousity, motivation, and interest in what you study always helps. So go wah wah wah all you like. Failure is your own enemy. Uni isn't about comparing yourself to others anymore. It's about learning the material needed and doing the exams, and getting enough marks so you dont have to pay another $400 to do the piece of shit crap subject again. So, don't take stuff too personal :)

And go do your biffing somewhere else you fuckers. Justify your smartness/stupidness in PM or something. Or go get a fucking room.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Uni is about learning the skills for the careers you will take up after university. Not just passing the exams. That's why most employers prefer to see a Credit or Distinction average (or Honours) - it shows that you have understood the course content and have acquired the necessary skills needed for (insert profession/career).

It depends on the course you choose, some people are more apt at some skills than others. Law requires a lot of synthesis and research, IT requires a lot of hands on work etc etc. It's just different skills, some people are more apt at certain skills than at other ones, not this "x smart v. y smart" crap.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz..I didnt get one bit of your argument at all Ziff......maybe im just smart at being dumb, or dumb at being smart.......either way, why the hell are you in MY FORUM? :D

come to the UOW forum once u start law here.LoLz :p :p

and stop knocking smart peope that go to UOW u turd! :)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Pudgedog
well i could see how walking through an alley and not dying takes some skills.

so i give the people with "Street smart" some credit.

i just dont think it has any relevance to the gaining of money.
legitimately.
and on a desk.

Where did concepts of science/maths/business and even law come from?.......some street smart person!..........now people who go to uni.ie. US....need to be textbook smart to comprhend their streetsmartness.......:p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'll kill you!

Meanwhile, you're not the mod. So no, I won't get out of your forum :p

Anyway, I'm more of a Wollongonger than you are, so neer. Get out of my town!

santaslayer

HSC
I OWN THIS FORUM DAMMIT!...JUST LIKE I OWN THE LEGAL FORUM..........:rofl:

NOTE: i shall also own this whole site in the near future! :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im sorry Ziff but have you ever been to uni? You seem to think you're an expert but to the best of my knowledge ur still in year 12??

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
You people argue too much !! the world needs more smart carming and sophicated people like me!!

Personally I dont think Suz is stupid, she doing Law after all, and Ziff sould spend more time studing so he can actually get into uni!!

spark

My brain hurts..

I'm just happy with what intelligence I've got at the moment before I become senile crap!

Hey Suz ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)