r libraries open 24/7? + usefulness of gym (1 Viewer)

kyeol58

HSC
hey guys, i was thinking of getting a gym pass, but i have a hectic timetable so i might not find anytime to go.
however if the library was open 24hours, my friend suggested that you could LIVE AT CAMPUS, and at least shower at the gym. that way i wont be completely wasting my money on the gym pass O.O

ah also, can anyone gimme any advice on the grades(?) of gym passes? like blue, silver and etc.

ballin

Banned
HSC
yeah i would also like to know if the library is open all night. i know it closes at 10, but is there anyway to stay in there after hours? kinda have this weird fantasy of "studying" there all night before my exam the next morning...

and trust me bro, dont use the uni gym. wayyyyyy too expensive, just like everything else at the uni. also why you shouldnt live on campus. you might become one of those fags who walk around uni in pjs.

better off finding a local gym and going hard there whenever is convenient for you.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Why on earth would you want to live in the library? Damn, that's just weird.

Imagine getting there when it opened one morning and finding someone with a pillow and toothbrush behind a shelf. Don't be that creepy guy.

kyeol58

HSC
lol i didnt mean live in the library as in LIVE in it as a home :L
like when u have exams and stuff and pulling all nighters.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
and trust me bro, dont use the uni gym. wayyyyyy too expensive, just like everything else at the uni. also why you shouldnt live on campus. you might become one of those fags who walk around uni in pjs.
Thats kinda not true. With their current promotion of 3 months for $169 or thereabouts thats probably better than most good gyms like fitness first and the other big franchises. I paid $215 for no contract over the last 3 months. Perhaps if you want gold membership which is $228, then it starts to get a bit pricey.

Only main issue with uni gym's is that during the holidays you probably will stay clear of uni so if you have a 3 month membership and it extends over that and you end up going to uni, you'l probably be paying say $40 in transport which then starts to make it not very competitive.

Last edited:

ballin

Banned
HSC
about 5 dollah to use the basketball court when it should be free? dont try to tell me our uni isnt pricey. you're comparing our gym to fitness first, the USA of gym franchises.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I'd live in the uni library too if I could. It would save me four hours of commuting each day and 3k transport fees each year.

With that sort of expense, being a uni hobo looks mighty tempting.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I'd live in the uni library too if I could. It would save me four hours of commuting each day and 3k transport fees each year.

With that sort of expense, being a uni hobo looks mighty tempting.
I have a lot of travel expenses and hours of travel each day too. Nothing would tempt me to consider living in a library. :p

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I have a lot of travel expenses and hours of travel each day too. Nothing would tempt me to consider living in a library. :p
Us engineering students think outside the box, see.

Hikari Clover

HSC
seriously, u guys r crazy =.=
if i were you i'd pay $200 per week to find a place at broadway

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
From a few years back:

It has come to my attention that students are sleeping overnight in the
SIT building computer labs. Twenty four hour access to the labs for
Masters coursework students and select undergraduate project students
is a privilege. It does not imply the right to use the lab space as
overnight accommodation.

This practice must stop. If it does not, the School of IT will have to
reconsider "out of hours" access to these computer labs.

Finally, can the owner of the bedding set up in the 118 project lab
remove it immediately.

Greg Ryan gregr@it.usyd.edu.au
School of Information Technologies

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Finally, can the owner of the bedding set up in the 118 project lab
remove it immediately.
What a champion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)