Quintin Tarantino (1 Viewer)

Jumpman

HSC
from dusk till dawn sucked

it was pretty good up till the vampire bit then it turned completely crap.

he also wrote the script for true romance which is a great movie!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i thought from dusk till dawn was good
it was funny.
well, i laughed anyway. so did my mummy.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
did tarentino also make that movie with john travolta (not pulp) and hes got long greasy hair... and hes like a gangsta wanting to make a hollywood movie?

i cant think of the name... oh wait its get shorty... (i think their making pt2 right?)

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
yeah get shorty is the film you're thinking of but tarantino didn't make it, he may have had a small hand in the producing but he didn't write or direct it. But both jackie brown and get shorty are taken from elmore leonard books so there's a connection there... if you wanna find one...!

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
*Backhands Monkey Butler*
They editted out 20 minutes of the film.

[EDIT]: All movies form Hong Kong/China/Taiwan have to be subtitled in Enlgish and Chinese in order to be released on VCD/DVD. So Quentin Tarantino did nothing except make the deal with Zhang Zimou[sp?] wo sell Hero to Miramax.
Are you serious? I heard that it was unchanged - what was cut out? I know that different countries screen films in different speeds (or something like that - so that films are either a couple of seconds/minutes logner or shorter depending on the country), but that doesn't make up for 20 minutes... but at least it wasn't dubbed.

EDIT: Wait a second - I did some checking on the Chineses amazon.com (not easy for someone who doesn't speak a word of chinese), and on ezydvd.com.au - the DVD being released in Australia (presumably the same version that was released in cinemas) is around 95 minutes long. But in China, there's an extended edition (I'm guessing they mean Director's Cut) that's almost two hours long. So they DIDN'T cut twenty minutes out, they just screened the original film, which is fair enough.
*backhands TimeAndTide*

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Casmira said:
alot of the music in kill bill is similar too clint eastwoods old films, just modernised alot
Not the Jap stuff from Kill Bill 1. And yes, that movie rocked. Such violence with style. Hero was pretty crap though. Maybe because I watched it on comp. from a torrent file.

NO! AHH! THE COPS are TEH RAIDING MY HOUSE!

phatic

HSC
I don't like what I've seen of him, which is Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. His style turns me off wanting to see any of his other films. Kubrick is much better artistically. But not as "cool", so he loses a lot of credibility there.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
That's a pretty unfair comparison to make, phatic. Sure both Tarantino and Kubrick have(/had) idiosyncratic styles, but Kubrick's films pretty much had artistic merit and not much else, where as Tarantino's films are more about genre. So yeah, Kubrick's artistic style was "better", and he definitely made some great films, but that's what he was interested in to the exclusion of many other (more important) things.

But still see Kill Bill, you won't be dissappointed. But don't expect Volume 1 to be anything like Volume 2.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
um thats kinda ironic, given that its 'cool' these days to both quote and refer to Kubrick films. Most people i know who dont like tarantino films are: expecting non stop action/gore aka jerry bruckenheimer, or don't get the nuances of things such as the dialogue. to the person who reckoned they could predict the plot of resiviour dogs, i really doubt that, unless you had either done prior reading about it, or are just warped

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh i dont know how u cud predict the plot for resevoir dogs, and if u read bout it b4 hand then thats not really predicting the plot...
resevoir dogs i just saw last weekend and i loved it, but not as much as pulp fiction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)