• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quick Qus (1 Viewer)

LFish

HSC
Hi all,

Just a quick qus. Could anyone tell me how much the pill is? Also when you go to the hospital to get the free perscription, you have to put down your medicare number. This doesn't go back to anyone (eg family/parents) does it?

Thanks,

LFish.

Last edited:

yosemite sam

HSC
they wont know because when they put the rebate bit into the system, it goes under a code rather than a drug name

alby

cool duckie
HSC
mine's juliet (generic), $30 for a 3 month supply

just go to your doctor, tell them your situation and you should be able to get one fairly easily. sometimes doctors dont get it first go, but that's just caus there's so many of them...you'll find one that suits you eventually (hopefully fairly quickly)

HSC
ohh i always thought the pill was like used once? so is it like ongoing? reallyy/// ooo.. i never knew, i guess i never bothered to listen in helth classes....

wait.. does that mean is there a difference between the pill and the morning and after pill?

yeah u can apply for ur own medicare card when u turn 13.. i think.. but i never bothered.. to... i will soon hehe... i think u go to the medicare place, get an application... and they'll send it to ur place.

cheers!

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
LFish said:
Hi all,

Just a quick qus. Could anyone tell me how much the pill is? Also when you go to the hospital to get the free perscription,.

generally you'd go to your GP for a prescription to the pill..

i think you're referring to the Mornign after pill... emergency contraceptive...
you'd generally only get it from a hospital if it wasnt consentual.. [ie rape..] otherwise you can go to the Pharmacist and they give u a little quiz and you get it for $30...

that only prevents pregancy from intercourse that occured within the 72 hrs of taking the 2 pills.. [which are 12 hrs apart..] and is less effective as time progresses.

the pill is something u take on a regular basis and has a 99% rate of preventing pregnancy during anytime of the month [so long as you have been taking the pills properly..]

it can have side affects tho..
one friend was on a brand that gvae her constant periods for a month.......:|!
haha :(!

i think you can go to any doctor and they'll treat it confidentially.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you are over 16, doctors cannot relay any information from your consultations to your parents without your permission. To do otherwise is a breach of doctor patient confidentiality and is against the law.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Just tell your mum you need it for medical reasons, tell her youre old enough to be on it and make your own decisions.

There are many reasons for being on the pill besides contraception...if that is infact what you're using it for. I don't actually use the pill because I have no need for it. But yeah some of my friends are on it for medical reasons, even if its irregular flow...yes I said that on teh intarweb. But that is a reason too.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
there are about 5 indications for the pill..
yeah basically if ure above 16 ure periods should be fairly good.. and the pattern it will be lik for life.. the pill helps for heavy periods.. and irregular ones..PCOS.. contraceptive and one more i cant remember off the top of my head

$30.70 is the PBS price for 1 script atm (medicare card)... usually thats a 1-3 month supply of any 1 drug..or $4.90 for health care card holders (ppl with austudy and other centrelink subsidies may have these)...

ummm .. hospital pharmacys will not give u the pill... u have to goto a community pharmacy.. there is a state vs federal funding issue about this .. too lazy to write it up..
basically noone will know about it.. in fact chances are noone cares either =P

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
LFish said:
Hi all,

Just a quick qus. Could anyone tell me how much the pill is? Also when you go to the hospital to get the free perscription, you have to put down your medicare number. This doesn't go back to anyone (eg family/parents) does it?

Thanks,

LFish.
like the royal adelaide/ queen elizabeth or lyell mac?.. or even FMC?...

the doctor will give u a script.. the pharmacist will only ask for ure medicare number to make sure that it is you that needs the drug and that you are covered by the fed. govt funding.. otherwise they will make u pay full price for the drugs

this will not go back.. even in adelaide.. no doctor should care or tell ure parents...

see someone that isnt ure family doctor then ... like one of those big GP practices.. .. tell them ure worried about ure parents as well.. and they will tell u the measures that they take :)

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Templar said:
If you are over 16, doctors cannot relay any information from your consultations to your parents without your permission. To do otherwise is a breach of doctor patient confidentiality and is against the law.
Actually legally a doctor is allowed to tell your parents anything you say to them if you are under 18, the thing is none will as it's pretty ethically wrong. Also no matter what age you are there are many instances where a doctor can break confidentiality. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)