Quick question yall (1 Viewer)

anonymousgem

HSC
Doing the hsc currently, didn't do to well in half-yearly's due to stress and anxiety and the general excessive amount of work my teachers gave me. I have been getting pretty much 85 and above for all assessment's until now and I am receiving a lot of mid 70's I'm really upset, I don't know how badly this will affect my atar. I don't know what to do and I am trying not to think about it to stay calm they all weighed around 20-30%. :(:(:( HOW DO I RE-MOTIVATE MYSELF, CAN I RECOVER FROM THIS

Intrinsic

HSC
You'll be laughing at this post in a few years time. Smash the Trial/HSC exam and your results in the half-yearlies won't matter too much

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Doing the hsc currently, didn't do to well in half-yearly's due to stress and anxiety and the general excessive amount of work my teachers gave me. I have been getting pretty much 85 and above for all assessment's until now and I am receiving a lot of mid 70's I'm really upset, I don't know how badly this will affect my atar. I don't know what to do and I am trying not to think about it to stay calm they all weighed around 20-30%. :(:(:( HOW DO I RE-MOTIVATE MYSELF, CAN I RECOVER FROM THIS
I bombed out in some of my first assessment tasks of year 11, such as the Mathematics Extension 1 test in which I got less than 50%

I honestly lost all motivation going along with the mentality that "it's the end of world" and "I have no chance of lifting my ranks up"

Then I remember going on BoS one night and reading through some thread when I saw someone who's signature had the quote:

"The hardest part isn't succeeding, it's picking yourself up after a failure"

Once you're able to do the latter then anything is possible

I went on to get 90+ in the next exam :)

So yeah in a way I wanted to prove myself wrong in that the situation I was in was not as bad as I had thought it was

^ I guess this served as my motivation

If this won't work for you then you're gonna have to find some form of motivation

BUT my overall motivation is that I want to make my parents proud. I think of the HSC as a great way to show my appreciation of what they've done for me, the sacrifices they've made (dad came to Australia with $250, and of course had a harsh beginning here) and a way to sort pay them back.
^ This was my reply to another thread similar to this

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Other than that keep in mind that these are the early days you've still got 50 % ~ ish (Weighting wise) of internal assessment tasks to go and the HSC on top of that

^ This means that you've got plenty of time to expose yourself to a wide range of questions and to do past papers which will help you master your exam technique. However, the choice is up to you ; you must be willing and able to do the work necessary to get those marks you want, which means minimising procrastination, possibly making temporary sacrifices like not watching that episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians on the weekend (i cri evrytiem - notsrs), etc.

Good luck :D

sida1049

HSC
The HSC is actually quite arbitrary in the grand scheme of your life. There are many other ways into the courses you want in university, even if the worst case scenario occurs and you completely trash your HSC (which you won't).

I once met a guy who was in his late-20s. He said he slacked off during his HSC year and after HSC, he went and worked a few years, went to TAFE, got into University and has recently graduated from medicine. And he's married.

Get some perspective. Go out for a walk. Don't let petty marks bring you down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)