Questions regarding chemistry bridging course > USYD :L (1 Viewer)

b33g_boss

HSC
heyy, just some questions bos forum

> For the chemistry bridging course, do we need to do some kind of test to complete it?

> Is it necessary to do the bridging course even though i am doing CHEM1001 Fundamentals of Chemistry 1A which requires no prior knowledge of chem?

THx :)

Aysce

HSC
It's not necessary if no assumed knowledge is required. You're basically learning things from scratch though it says on the site that if you want to familiarise yourself with the content, bridge.

And I don't think you need to do a test to complete it though not 100% sure.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I know of people who studied/passed (don't know their actual final grade) CHEM1001 and CHEM1002 without the need of the bridging course or having any prior knowledge of chemistry during the HSC. It really depends though because they still found some components of chemistry difficult even in units such as MBLG1001. Bridging courses are great; but then again fundamentals is teaching you all the basic chemistry you need to know.

b33g_boss

HSC
okay thanks for advice :) im just abit worried also after doing chem1001 and chem1002, you have to do a supplementary course as well right???

kingpharaoh

HSC
I didn't do HSC Chemistry and the Chem supplementary course and I still did CHEM1101 and CHEM1102. Just passed both subjects (but then again I barely studied for it even during exams, crammed like a whole semesters worth of content in 2days?). Its a bit hard but you can certainly pass the course if you attend ALL the labs and at least read lectures occasionally.

rosemcc

HSC
Okay so I did high school in the states and all I did for chem was a pretty easy year 10 subject - so I haven't done chem since then, and what I did was relatively basic. I'm enrolled in chem 1a and 1b (I didn't want to do fundamentals/concepts because I'm doing advanced science and will want to progress to more advanced units). I plan on studying/attending all lectures and tutes - do I even have a shot at a D with my background? I didn't really get my act together in time to do the bridging course and didn't want to pay for it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)