Questions and Advice for year 9&10! (1 Viewer)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hahaha wasn't there a hscer '13, drifting95 I think it was? who got like 97 from doing stnd English, gen maths and all the social sciences. Justem, I expect a 99.95 from you :) retain all that hsc chemistry knowledge homie!
I swear to god I get 99.95 I'm buying everyone on this damn site a sombrero and chocolate.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I swear to god I get 99.95 I'm buying everyone on this damn site a sombrero and chocolate.
I think its the other way around! hahaha I don't know why you're rewarding us for your achievement. I think if by the time you reach 99.95, just buy every '15 hscer on this forum a beer and we'll toast to your medicine degree :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I think its the other way around! hahaha I don't know why you're rewarding us for your achievement. I think if by the time you reach 99.95, just buy every '15 hscer on this forum a beer and we'll toast to your medicine degree :)
I sincerely hope this happens, I'm willing to work for it ! But thanks for your confidence in me :)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I sincerely hope this happens, I'm willing to work for it ! But thanks for your confidence in me :)
As long as you're studying now and not kicking back, hoping for a 99.95 to somehow magically happen. it will.

but back to year 9 and 10 advice! haha... yeah I think I've given out everything there is to year 9 and 10 but i'll summarise it for you guys in dot points ;)

- Don't take these years to heart (not everyone has constant motivation to work in 9 and 10)
- Relax. This isn't your last year before the finale but it is definitely one of the less busier years.
- Take this time to experiment with study methods (notes, flashcards, reciting information, studying notes on your phone.. not joking., past papers, etc.)
- Make connections! When you're in senior years and you study, its easier if you have students in the same year that you can share notes with to gain a different perspective or study more carefully.
- Don't ever stress. You'll look back and wonder why you even give a damn. Just don't let your grades drop too far and you should be sweet.
- Start making habits (e.g. not play games, or not as much.)
- Start to consider uni preferences in a general perspective (do you want to get into med, engineering, what??)
- Participate and consider what subjects you enjoy and what are your strengths?
- Try out new things. Try out bboy, pick up a guitar, dine at different cuisines DO SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :((
and finally.
DONT STRESS ABOUT ATAR JUST YET. Go outside. Take in the sun. TAKE ALL IN THE D.

I kid, I kid but if any other years +11 wants to add anything to my list feel free :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
good luck trying to get into med. hope i see you there...

jokes. ill be working at maccas ;)
Hey you never know, you might suddenly have an urge to join medicine. Plus you know how hard it is to break into the maccas industry? Be realistic mate.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Wow what a dream. I can see myself as a Maccas King flipping burgers. :cook:

IcyRain

HSC
As long as you're studying now and not kicking back, hoping for a 99.95 to somehow magically happen. it will.

but back to year 9 and 10 advice! haha... yeah I think I've given out everything there is to year 9 and 10 but i'll summarise it for you guys in dot points ;)

- Don't take these years to heart (not everyone has constant motivation to work in 9 and 10)
- Relax. This isn't your last year before the finale but it is definitely one of the less busier years.
- Take this time to experiment with study methods (notes, flashcards, reciting information, studying notes on your phone.. not joking., past papers, etc.)
- Make connections! When you're in senior years and you study, its easier if you have students in the same year that you can share notes with to gain a different perspective or study more carefully.
- Don't ever stress. You'll look back and wonder why you even give a damn. Just don't let your grades drop too far and you should be sweet.
- Start making habits (e.g. not play games, or not as much.)
- Start to consider uni preferences in a general perspective (do you want to get into med, engineering, what??)
- Participate and consider what subjects you enjoy and what are your strengths?
- Try out new things. Try out bboy, pick up a guitar, dine at different cuisines DO SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :((
and finally.
DONT STRESS ABOUT ATAR JUST YET. Go outside. Take in the sun. TAKE ALL IN THE D.

I kid, I kid but if any other years +11 wants to add anything to my list feel free :)
Umm, Okay :p

enoilgam

HSC
If you have high aims, I'd start developing some good study habits and methods, because they can really come in handy in senior school. A lot of people have the mentality "It doesnt count, so who cares". Whilst that's true to an extent, it's like a footballer saying "I wont try in training because it doesnt count, I'll try in the game though". The earlier you develop these skills, the easier things will be during senior school, university and even work. The older you become, the harder it is to break out of those habits which is why it is important to develop them early. I know most people will think I'm crazy, but having developed strong study skills in Years 9 and 10 has helped me so much, it's even helped me be more organised and efficient in the workplace.

All that being said, the most important thing is to enjoy it - whilst you should put in some work, you dont need to go nuts and stress yourselves out. Years 9 and 10 were the best years of HS for me, so dont waste it getting too caught up in things.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you have high aims, I'd start developing some good study habits and methods, because they can really come in handy in senior school. A lot of people have the mentality "It doesnt count, so who cares". Whilst that's true to an extent, it's like a footballer saying "I wont try in training because it doesnt count, I'll try in the game though". The earlier you develop these skills, the easier things will be during senior school, university and even work. The older you become, the harder it is to break out of those habits which is why it is important to develop them early. I know most people will think I'm crazy, but having developed strong study skills in Years 9 and 10 has helped me so much, it's even helped me be more organised and efficient in the workplace.

All that being said, the most important thing is to enjoy it - whilst you should put in some work, you dont need to go nuts and stress yourselves out. Years 9 and 10 were the best years of HS for me, so dont waste it getting too caught up in things.
Some very good tips right there that current year 9s and year 10s should follow:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)