question on plagarism for english (1 Viewer)

toydicey

HSC
the last assessment task in school, some or a few people were caught for plagarising, not that we knew who, but it also warned us. say i copy one sentence from a website or even from this BOS community and maybe some advice and structured sentences from comments left by students.. is that accounted for as copying and plagarism? or is it okay.

a little confused..

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
The act of plagiarizing: the copying of another person's ideas, text, or other creative work, and presenting it as one's own, especially without permission; Text or other work resulting from this act
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/plagiarism
if you reference it your not claiming it's your own work, so all is good. Just don't go copying large slabs of text

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah, that should be fine. Make sure it's not more than a sentence or two.

toydicey

HSC
also a quick question, i notice that vector lines is a visual technique but what is it for?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i copy one sentence from a website or even from this BOS community
Technically, it is plagiarism. You have directly copied the ideas of another author. However, for one sentence, it is unlikely you'll be caught for it, especially in the actual exam.

Vector lines are usually used to show demension. One possible use is to show the importance of a particular image in relation to its surroundings.

LostnConfused

HSC
You can get busted for one sentence. We have had people handed back essays with print outs of all the different websites they came from. Just do it yourself.

And vectors are the lines of sight. So if something amazing is in the middle and then you automatically look up at the left because of a second image there then the vectors are emphasising the second image.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If they were neologisms, it could possible happen.

toydicey

HSC
i meant one or two sentences in a whole essay, not the whole thing from different sites.. im pretty confused

lychnobity

HSC
i meant one or two sentences in a whole essay, not the whole thing from different sites.. im pretty confused
Yes, it's plagiarism.

Board of Studies rules.

Eg. Someone may post an essay/story they wrote for editing/critiquing,I may rewrite a few terrible sentences. Should I post it here, the person decides to use it, their teacher sees it, the student may get called in for plagiarism.

Strictly because I wrote the sentences, not the student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)