Question on B. Laws (graduate entry) and B. Laws (combined degree) (1 Viewer)

Existential

HSC
N/A
1. For B. Laws (graduate entry), can you study a degree for one year then transfer into the combined degree OR do you have to complete a degree first?

2. For B. Laws (combined degrees), generally do you have to pay for both degrees and how long would this combined degree (full time) be in years?

ct92

HSC
1. Since it's a graduate entry course, one would imagine that you have to be a graduate to be eligible for it. Studying for a year won't be enough, you'll need an undergraduate degree.

2. Since you graduate with both degrees, you need to pay for both degrees. This is the same cost per semester, unless you overload, but for more of them. As far as I know, most combined law degrees tend to be five years, but this might vary depending on the university.

Existential

HSC
N/A
1. Since it's a graduate entry course, one would imagine that you have to be a graduate to be eligible for it. Studying for a year won't be enough, you'll need an undergraduate degree.

2. Since you graduate with both degrees, you need to pay for both degrees. This is the same cost per semester, unless you overload, but for more of them. As far as I know, most combined law degrees tend to be five years, but this might vary depending on the university.
this sounds like a stupid question lol:

does this mean that there is more work in combined degrees? ie. does it require the student to do work for both at the same time - therefore more work? anyone know if this is difficult to manage?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
this sounds like a stupid question lol:

does this mean that there is more work in combined degrees? ie. does it require the student to do work for both at the same time - therefore more work? anyone know if this is difficult to manage?
You do the same number of courses per semester (i.e. 4 for a normal load), just you do more semesters. So it's the same workload just for longer.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
You do the same number of courses per semester (i.e. 4 for a normal load), just you do more semesters. So it's the same workload just for longer.
This, the main advantage as some units count twice, so rather than taking three years for each degree, so six in total, you take 5 years to do two. This is why there are set combos and you can't combine anything. You do the same number of units/credit points as any other full-time student.

I generally have had 12-14 contact hr weeks (with a massive amount of work to do at home). It has varied a lot in the later years as some electives (i.e. honours thesis and clinical placement units) have had less contact hrs but more private study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)