Question about related texts (1 Viewer)

Kaplutz

HSC
Hi!

I'm aware we have to include related texts in the 'AoS' extended response, and the 'Representation & Text' extended response for the upcoming Eng. Adv. HSC exam :spzz:.

Say I was using a TV show episode as a related text for the 'AoS' paper. Are we allowed to use a different episode (from the same TV show) in the 'Representation & Text' paper?

Thnx in advance, and good luck to all taking the HSC!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some of my friends are doing the same related for Belonging and Module C. It's not like the same teacher is gonna mark though (the chances would be exponential). Teachers prefer to mark particular modules anyway, and even if you did happen to be so (un)lucky that the same teacher saw marked both AoS and Mod C, the chances of he/she identifying it would be so large.....

I got overwhelmed by the statistical improbability of it all....

Kaplutz

HSC
Some of my friends are doing the same related for Belonging and Module C. It's not like the same teacher is gonna mark though (the chances would be exponential). Teachers prefer to mark particular modules anyway, and even if you did happen to be so (un)lucky that the same teacher saw marked both AoS and Mod C, the chances of he/she identifying it would be so large.....

That's good to know other students are in a somewhat similar situation as me.

I guess you're right. It's not like they have some guy or complex machine checking if related texts are the same/similar between a student's papers; they probably wouldn't even care in the first place.

Thnx! :cool:

jellybelly59

HSC

teachers can only mark in one section aerath... lol how would they split their body into two to mark two sections of the essay :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
teachers can only mark in one section aerath... lol how would they split their body into two to mark two sections of the essay :p
Hahahaha, really? Didn't know that. I distinctly remember my teacher saying she's marked Module A and B once... so yeah. I could've misheard of course. :p

supernerdattack

HSC
you could use the same episode if you want (as long as it isn't prescribed anywhere). if you have a text that can be used for both the module and AoS, it's easier than learning two different sets of texts. my friend is doing the Arrival and Requiem for the Croppies for both.

there is no chance that the same marker will mark both. the markers are assigned a certain question in a certain module. and all of the AoS is marked in Homebush, mod B in Coffs Harbour (which i know coz my teacher is a senior mod B marker) and the others elsewhere. and chances are, though not definitely, most likely the markers will come across the same related texts more than once anyway.

pman

Banned
HSC
you can use the same texts, I know someone who has used the sam three texts for the past two years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)