question about med university admissions (1 Viewer)

sc116

HSC
N/A
i know that some universities' application dates end before our UAIs come out, so HOW do they select the entrants?

is it based on your reports for YEAR 12 ONLY? or previous years included....?
and UMAT to be considered?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
You also get a predicted UAI from your principal. Then you add this UAI to your application form when applying for a MBBS interview. The UMAT and the interview itself (how well you perform in both) are also important for MBBS university admissions. I advise you post this in the Medicine/Medical Health Studies forum, as I'm sure you'll get better and constructive replies from the medical students themselves.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
DownInFlames said:
interviews + UMAT isn't it?
interesting seeing you reply, lol.

Anyway, the exact selection process varies from uni to uni. e.g. UNSW looks at your UMAT raw score and your predicted UAI and decide whether they want you for an interview. The final selection depends on you actual UAI, UMAT and your interview performance (equally weighed)

But UNCLE looks only at your UMAT when they issue an interview invitation, the final selection depends on mainly on your interview performance, but also a little on your UMAT. if you are a standard applicant as long as you get an UAI of 93.8+, they wont worry about your UAI.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Please be sure to read the stickeys in this forum. Every university has it's own application process and different selection criteria.

But typically uni's will ask for your umat ID number and a uai prediction form to be filled out by your school.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
interesting seeing you reply, lol.

Anyway, the exact selection process varies from uni to uni. e.g. UNSW looks at your UMAT raw score and your predicted UAI and decide whether they want you for an interview. The final selection depends on you actual UAI, UMAT and your interview performance (equally weighed)

But UNCLE looks only at your UMAT when they issue an interview invitation, the final selection depends on mainly on your interview performance, but also a little on your UMAT. if you are a standard applicant as long as you get an UAI of 93.8+, they wont worry about your UAI.
oh hey Jessie.:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)