Question about Law timetable. (1 Viewer)

catwoman11

HSC
So I was planning my Arts/ Law timetable and saw that a lot of the law classes have already filled up (https://my.unsw.edu.au/classutil/LAWS_S1.html#LAWS1052T1) - can anyone tell me how this would already happen as first-years haven't even gotten their offers yet? Or are the classes filled up by second-year students who transferred?

If I checked correctly on those rectangle/ octangle things, it says I have to go to uni 4 days a week, which is a bit weird as people were telling me I could fit it into two/three days :(

thank you :)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Oh no 4 days a week how will you survive?! Non science or engineering kids are funny

catwoman11

HSC
Oh no 4 days a week how will you survive?! Non science or engineering kids are funny
haha i'm content with going four days. I just wish people hadn't gotten my hopes up by saying I could fit my timetable into two/three days

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey OP that is because they only open those many spots for transfer students. When offer comes out for recent hsc finishers more spots will open up. This is to ensure that first years have more options when making timetables incase of clash with other degree. This also happened to some second year courses where only 30 spots were open to them. Then when transfer students got their results an additional 10-15 spots opened up.

Hope that answers your question

Regarding 4 day timetable you can definitely make it 2 or even 3 days if you plan it out well. I wouldn't recommend it though. I recommend a minimum of 3 days for law to spread out your work.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
If you look at previous years, it confirms what Trans4M said:
2010 LAWS1052
2011 LAWS1052
2012 LAWS1052
2013 LAWS1052

2014 LAWS1052

You are best to manually make your timetable, rather than use Rectangles. Considering you'll only have 12 hours, you shouldn't have any issues in structuring it. You could have a look at the lectures if they are on the same day, then work your tutorials around that etc.

catwoman11

HSC
Hey OP that is because they only open those many spots for transfer students. When offer comes out for recent hsc finishers more spots will open up. This is to ensure that first years have more options when making timetables incase of clash with other degree. This also happened to some second year courses where only 30 spots were open to them. Then when transfer students got their results an additional 10-15 spots opened up.

Hope that answers your question

Regarding 4 day timetable you can definitely make it 2 or even 3 days if you plan it out well. I wouldn't recommend it though. I recommend a minimum of 3 days for law to spread out your work.
Thank you so much! I understand now. Yep I wanted 3 days as well so I could also be more social on campus :)

catwoman11

HSC
If you look at previous years, it confirms what Trans4M said:
2010 LAWS1052
2011 LAWS1052
2012 LAWS1052
2013 LAWS1052

2014 LAWS1052

You are best to manually make your timetable, rather than use Rectangles. Considering you'll only have 12 hours, you shouldn't have any issues in structuring it. You could have a look at the lectures if they are on the same day, then work your tutorials around that etc.
Thanks for linking me to those! Haha only having 12 hours sounds pretty good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)