Question 1 (1 Viewer)

>monkey<

HSC
Why was it a "daunting task"?
i had no clue but i wrote that because it was a "narrow space" and he may have been afraid to damage the artwork......total bullshit i know!!...oh well theres a mark lost
i thought most of section 1 was pretty good...hopefully 12/15 or there abouts!
section 2 and 3 i think i did pretty well!!

HSC
N/A
i enjoyed section one:
my responses if you're curious..
a) the visual of an expanded head together with the bold heading in "mind wide open" both demonstrate the mind expanding nature of journeys as travellers gain greater knowledge as they take a journey into the workings of the human brain

b) ciomposer highights the fact that a journey is a process that helps satisfy curiouseity into the unknown- the workings of a train.
then techniques:
emotive language
inclusive nouns
listing
descriptive langauge

c) the composer is challenged on his assumptions on artwork as he learns how real a piece of artwork can be.
description
imperative
inclusive nouns

e) copy and past whart i've just said...
added the works opened the responders mind in that..... blah blah
both mediums are persuasive texts such as an inside book cover and a review

danieljarvis

HSC
LostAuzzie said:
I made some thing up about the art taking up the entire room and being intimidating, then I mentioned that as a result it reflected the first step being the hardest.

I spent too much time on part ( F ), about 20mins. For some reason time seemed to go extremely fast through that exam, well for me anyway.
yeah i wrote some shit about it being intimidating.. wish i wrote that first step bit.. i found that paper pretty hard actually compared to older papers, and this years trial :S

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I thought it was straightfoward and simple. The texts were pretty easy too, no weird poems or anything. I think i got 14, because i probably made some stupid mistake.

My teacher after the exam said that the answer to the daunting this should have been a simple, fear of going into the artwork + uknown etc. That would get you a mark.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
For question one I wrote a page for 1 mark. Heh. I talked about how the vectors (Especially the hand) frame the guy's body, and his large head further directs attention to that part of his body, then his body leads the eyes down to what he is standing on, which is an object with human traits plastered on it which could be likened to a brain. Coupled with the hand pointing to his head, the implication is that he is exploring his mind. The connection with the title is that, well "mind wide open" obviously also suggests that somebody's mind is open to be explored, and probably is being explored.

I just hope I managed to crack 12/15 for that sections. My responses were crappier than usual.

ishq

brown?
HSC
It was definately harder that last year's - and a lot less direct - but it could have been worse!

Okay :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
In the last few questions I talked about his ambivalence towards the artwork and how he represented that in his writing (positive imagery juxtaposed with negative imagery mainly) - on the right track?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Ok, I'm confused, the third text, the art one, was that written in 2nd person? Because it said things like "You're walking onto the boat" etc.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
He probably switched between the 3 views as I did in my story. Heh. It can work sometimes but usually just makes the responder feel uncomfortable.

Oh, and how did text 2 convey the concept of journeys? That was screwed.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
what did you guys say to show it was "daunting"?
I didn't get that. :(

HSC
damo676767 said:
for the first text, did anybody else not realise that he was standing on a brain
thats what i wrote - the title links with the fact that there is a brain which represents the mind or some crap like that

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I used that in my final part, said that the composer drew a comparison betweeen the brain an something familar to the responders, a map... coz that's what it looked liked, they'd mapped out the brain.

richz

damo676767 said:
for the first text, did anybody else not realise that he was standing on a brain

at first i tought it was the world
lol me too i thought he was like standing on top of the world and and i said that he was thinking outside the world he was living in.

aimstar

HSC
I thought the answer was more about how he was going on a journey into the artwork, when he was more used to just observing art. Since it was a new experience, it was seen as a daunting task

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)