Pursuit Of Happyness (1 Viewer)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Just watched it last night, and I loved it.
Really inspiring and emotional.

The real Chris Gardner appears at the end of the movie :).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I LOVED it. Smith's son was so cute. Truly inspirational.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I just saw it today, I thought it was a beautiful movie and very inspiring. A little sad in parts but the ending was happy :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Great flick.

Will Smith at his best.

Bigger things to come for his son as well after that performance. Simple but effective.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
timlay said:
yeah..

never get the 'inspired by a true story' crap.

that means its NOT a true story. jeez.

what are you on about fool
it was based on a true story cause alot of the things which happend movie happend to the person.if you actually bothered too look up and say shit its not real.it was shown through one of those american shows i think 20/20.
freaking boon

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Throughout the whole movie I was thinking "wow, what a great bond Will Smith has with the actor who plays his kid..", and even saw the credits with "Jadyn Smith", and i STILL didn't figure out it was his son!

It was predictable and a bit long, but the acting was great and my own eyes welled up when his did at the end. Ahhh

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Reshie said:
what are you on about fool
it was based on a true story cause alot of the things which happend movie happend to the person.if you actually bothered too look up and say shit its not real.it was shown through one of those american shows i think 20/20.
freaking boon

pretty sure not everything was true. :)

watched the movie. it was pretty sad..not as sad as i thought though... =/

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Faytle said:
Just watched it last night, and I loved it.
Really inspiring and emotional.

The real Chris Gardner appears at the end of the movie :).

Really? Where?

Will Smith's kid is so cute. But my main train of thought during the movie was "Wow I'm so glad I'll never be homeless". I'm superficial like that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It wa so sad watching them sleeping in the toilet. What was with that machine that he always carries with him lol. Time machine :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Kujah said:
It wa so sad watching them sleeping in the toilet. What was with that machine that he always carries with him lol. Time machine
haha YEAH! like i didn't notice it was the SAME HOBO on the bus...that was on the train station who actually picked it up.... but wow. it was amazing how he sold all of that stuff huh?

refering to the page before, i didnt notice chris gardner in the end...i just read all that stuff... hmm. =/

but yeah. it was funny when he lost his shoe... where did it go one must wonder. =/...

but meh. i think i ll give the movie a.. 4 out of 5...

the only part being it didnt satisfy me... i was probably TOO PUMPED UP FOR IT. and then you know. its just what the trailer is....just that..

but yeah... :p in the trailer, it made me think will smith was HARDCORE at rubiks cube.. but meh.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That was funny when the taxi driver was chasing him for his fees. "Im gonna kill you!"

"I want my $14 back!"

haha, that chinese child care centre was funny.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
yeah....the fact i UNDERSTOOD some canto....( like the guy who said he doesnt know english at the beginning. :p )

haha love boat! LEARN NAVY!!

and yeah..taxi driver wtf. wouldnt his taxi get stolen? ...

ccc123

HSC
Saw it today. It was okay, but i felt it was too long (the film contrives a ridiculous number of bone density scanner chase scenes- perhaps it was due to these that the movie turned out so long..)

Malfoy said:
It was really well-acted but it felt overly long. I don't think I've ever seen such an unrelentingly depressing movie, either. It was pretty good though.
Yeah, i agree it was 'unrelentingly depressing' Aint really the feel good movie of the year unless you believe that the few seconds of good cheer and the end can redeem 110 minutes of gloom.

lengy

HSC
It was agonising sitting through all the bad shit they had to go through but that's life. I loved it in the end though.

'Is fuck spelt correctly?'

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I loved the movie too. A bit long, but Will Smith was really good, and so was his son. I really felt and believed that scene where Chris sheds a tear in the toilet. I don't know how true the story is however, it seems too good to be entirely true.

grue

HSC
Kujah said:
It wa so sad watching them sleeping in the toilet. What was with that machine that he always carries with him lol. Time machine :)
I concur! It nearly made my tears pop out but meh I'm lame like that. Crying in movies. *hick* :(

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i cried at the end when he ran to hug his son and the toilet scene. Was such a great movie but long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)