Pursuit Of Happyness (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I thought he's wife was such an asshole - "Whatever"

It was good to see he succeeded in getting the job at teh end after months of struggling.

Last edited:

forevaunited

HSC
Yeah it was alrite i suppose but it was a bit long and got tiresome in some places. One thing that i didnt exactly expect was that the whole time, the pursuit was for money and not really happiness. I understand that they were poor and disadvantaged and what-not but like the whole time it is suggesting that happiness comes hand in hand with money. Hasn't all the other movies told us this to not be true, that real happiness in found in being with each other and having strong familial bonds . . . .awwwwww how sweet lol i suppose that is kinda overused tho isn't it. meh

I just found it a bit weird that getting the job was the climax of the film, where, really he had no desire for the job other than the salary he would be getting. Its like "hey you have a nice car - i want one - wow this is my dream from now on"

kimberlin

HSC
the fact that it was a true story .. with the real christopher gardner really motivated me ; especially with the car scene which famously happened in real life .

i actually researched the real people and it was sweet how chris jnr said - who is now 25 said he didn't know he was homeless .. they were just traveling a lot and normality was there, because his dad was always there =]

ditto to Kujah - his wife was =/

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Tulipa said:
OH DEAR GOD IS IT THAT FREAKING HARD TO SPELL FUCKING HAPPINESS?

I MEAN REALLY! ARE THEY RETARDED? WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

Now that I've gotten that rant out, the only thing I will ever think when I see anything for this movie is how stupid they are for misspelling happiness.

Fucking idiots. I'm not going to see it because they misspelled it and it looked sort of good until I saw the damn title.
You will understand why its spelt like that WHEN or IF you watch the movie..
Its the same with most other movies, you wont understand the title until you watch the movie.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Faytle said:
The real Chris Gardner appears at the end of the movie :).
Yeah, it was at the end. Chris and his son were walking at the end, with Christopher telling knock-knock jokes. We see the real Chris Gardner walk past him in a suit.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
OOH I DIDNT SEE THE REAL CHRIS GARDNER!

i remember the knock knock jokes now!

the last one! HAHAHA

nothing. ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lol

Shelby comin' round the mountain when she comes, Shelby comin' round the mountain when she comes! ;)

" Probably means there's a good chance. Possibly means we may or may not."
"Okay."
"So, what does probably mean?"
"It means we have a good chance."
"And what does possibly mean?"
"It means we're not going to the game."

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
and they go to the game in the box with the rich white guy!

haha ur like. refreshing my memory.

but it still feels like i didnt watch half the movie... :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
er...thats pretty slack to the movie!!!

there were other good parts too...

(i actually only laughed at that through the whole movie though.) :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Chris Gardner has really good pants :p

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I haven't seen the movie in its entirety yet, but I want to. The spelling of "happiness" was bugging this shit out of me, then I saw a scene where Will Smith was explaining it and it was like, ahhh, I see.

This movie looks soooooo sad, though. I saw one scene with Will Smith crying (won't give the details away here) and I know that if I had seen everything that had led up to that moment, I would be too. Most people leave the movie with their mascara running too, haha.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
This movie looks soooooo sad, though. I saw one scene with Will Smith crying (won't give the details away here)
That toilet scene where he was crying with his son sleeping on the floor, and a guy was just kicking the door was very depressing :(

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Kujah said:
That toilet scene where he was crying with his son sleeping on the floor, and a guy was just kicking the door was very depressing :(
That was the very scene. There were many tear-stained faces in the theatre then. ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Yeah, it was at the end. Chris and his son were walking at the end, with Christopher telling knock-knock jokes. We see the real Chris Gardner walk past him in a suit.
;)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Btw, anyone know the song from the beginning of the channel 10 ad, it's got no lyrics in that part.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
??

and surprisingly i actually was happy at the end of the movie! :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)