Public VS Catholic VS Independent Schools (1 Viewer)

maryjane05

HSC
Just wanted to hear peoples experiences from each type of school, the experience, teachers, work, environment etc. Is there an advantage to going to a catholic/private/independent school over a public school. Do Unis care about what hs you went to if you got a good atar?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Just wanted to hear peoples experiences from each type of school, the experience, teachers, work, environment etc. Is there an advantage to going to a catholic/private/independent school over a public school. Do Unis care about what hs you went to if you got a good atar?
I went independent and from other experiences I’ve also had, along with friends … i appreciate the opportunities we get, even the teaching, the amount of stuff you have access to. unis don’t really care what school you go to , but I do believe it might play a part in early entry.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Forgot to mention, Idk if this is every school but especially post covid there is zero sense of community or school spirit. No extra curriculars, no events being held, its like a battleground, every man for himself. But as I said this could go for independent and catholics too
thats literally my school

Rattlehead15

HSC
thats literally my school
Actually kinda depressing tbh. I feel bad for the Year 7-9s even 10s, who won't get to experience normal high school shit like camps and certain events. Then again that's gonna be us at Uni living the watered down post covid uni life :(

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Actually kinda depressing tbh. I feel bad for the Year 7-9s even 10s, who won't get to experience normal high school shit like camps and certain events. Then again that's gonna be us at Uni living the watered down post covid uni life :(
dw my lifes been like this since yr7

band6yesplease

HSC
I go to a Catholic school and it's not like hyper-religious like you'd expect. I really love it tbh, its not a top 10 school or whatever but you're able to like form connections w your teachers and peers and there's not really a great focus on religopn. the only downside is that you have to study Studies of Religion (at my school at least) which is a good subject but it makes it difficult when ur whole cohort has to study it and 95% of them would rather be anywhere else. I know a lot of private school kids and I kinda agree with @carrotsss in that they're highly pretentious.
At the end of the day its not really that important as long as you perform your best

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
and then you have selective public a whole 'nother thing lmao

I go catholic and its alright, I don't think its too much different to public school apart from the christian aspects (prayers, masses etc. etc.)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
go to a school that has competent teachers. preferably teachers with degrees in their areas and who didn't drop out of high school.

shoulfer

HSC
Forgot to mention, Idk if this is every school but especially post covid there is zero sense of community or school spirit. No extra curriculars, no events being held, its like a battleground, every man for himself. But as I said this could go for independent and catholics too
nah mate my school is a cultural hotspot best school spirit there is.

rev668

HSC
public schoola raise eshays, private schools raise pretentious pricks and catholic schools are somewhere in between
why would you make such a general statement that is based of just what you've seen that's like 80% wrong you need to meet some more ppl bruh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)