psych honours... (1 Viewer)

*Buttercup*

HSC
I'm in third year of the bachelor of social science (psych) and im applying for honours for next year. The problem is that im not entirely sure which course code I should be applying to. In the honours handbook it says that the bachelor of psych (honours) is only for those who have completed a b psych (which of course isnt me)... but it says that the b arts (psych) is only for those who have completed a b arts (which isnt me either!) I'm thinking I'll probably have to enrol in the b arts one, but im not sure...? Are there any social science students out there who know what I should do?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Speak to the Honours co-ordinators for both. Yeah, the standard progression for 4th year psychology is normally thourgh B. Psych or B. Arts(Psych). They were probably refering to the students who are currently doing it that way at UWS in general. I guess your just a rarity :D

*Buttercup*

HSC
Hehe... you'd think they'd make the info available, cos there are a lot of people presumably in my situation... i mean, it is a legit major and everything...

perhaps i am expecting too much. by my third year at uws i really should know better! :p

anyway, thanks :)

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi Buttercup, I checked the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Psychology and it says that the course is open to any graduate with the equivalent of an accredited 3 year psychology major within the APS framework. So you should be right to apply for the arts honours :) You might want to contact the UWS School of Psychology if you are still unsure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)