Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

tatniki

HSC
I'm a little bit confused on what to wear

"You should wear business attire to your interview (jacket and tie for young men and equivalent for young women)."

that was in the email, so does that mean girls have to wear ties??
sorry seems like a really stupid question, but I am really quite clueless when it comes to business attire :)

What dates/times is everyone's interview?
I'm on Wed 3.45

MTP

HSC
tatniki said:

"You should wear business attire to your interview (jacket and tie for young men and equivalent for young women)."

sorry seems like a really stupid question, but I am really quite clueless when it comes to business attire :)

I'm on Wed 3.45
no, just wear something that is considered as "business attire". Just go the city, and see what women wear to work, yeh?
Anything like mini skirts, Cleavage revealing shirts and a thong is nice and would convince them to hire you :rolleyes: :p

leoyh

mic`
HSC
a typical business woman suit involve a skirt (or pants) some sort of business looking shirt, and a blazer. don't wear a tie if you're a girl, thats not considered business attire lol. but yeah, guys and girls pretty much wear the same stuff

carmey

HSC
interview's started today.. was anyone here involved in that??

carmey

HSC
tatniki said:

I'm on Wed 3.45
i pretty much got all my stuff from portmans so u should probly just go to portmans or myers to get what ur wearing & if u still dont know what to wear just google "business attire" in images and yea that should help =]

wogblogger

HSC
back to where it all started; got my suit today cost me a bit more than i estimated..$600

paperscissors

HSC
um anyone know what they are going to get you to do?
someone said role plays
lol
interview is 2morooo
eek
Interviewees::: what school do you go to?

Ovaschool303

HSC
Just had my interview today with the business cadetships. Thought it went really well. Best advice I can give is to re-read your application form because they get you to elaborate on heaps of stuff on there. Also, when they ask you a couple of tricky questions like they do in the last 10 minutes, I would advise you to use the cup of water you have... give yourself some time to think about what to say.

Didnt think there was an questions that screwed me over? what did everyone else think?

There was this Asian dude before me and he wasn't very articulate... dont think he did that well. Also there was some girl when I was finished that wasnt even in business atire.... WTF!!!! how serious are some people that applied?

I know all up they got 1000 applications and cut it down to interviews for about 150 people and i guess they have about 30 or 40 positions available right?

carmey

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
Just had my interview today with the business cadetships. Thought it went really well. Best advice I can give is to re-read your application form because they get you to elaborate on heaps of stuff on there. Also, when they ask you a couple of tricky questions like they do in the last 10 minutes, I would advise you to use the cup of water you have... give yourself some time to think about what to say.

Didnt think there was an questions that screwed me over? what did everyone else think?

There was this Asian dude before me and he wasn't very articulate... dont think he did that well. Also there was some girl when I was finished that wasnt even in business atire.... WTF!!!! how serious are some people that applied?

I know all up they got 1000 applications and cut it down to interviews for about 150 people and i guess they have about 30 or 40 positions available right?
was it a panel interview? or just a one on one?

carmey

HSC
wogblogger said:
30/150...1/5
ah im fucked
you gotta think positive!!

and at the info evening they never said how many people their going to accept because they said it all depends on the quality of the candidates so there's no limit restrictions :D:D

venom69r

HSC
Hey Ovaschool,

Thanks for sharing with us. I had a couple questions for you =]

1. Firstly, in regards to the tricky questions they ask in the last minutes, were they situation based questions. I know the Co-op and BAcc ask questions like "how do you know the light bulb is off when you close the door in the fridge". Was it something similar to this?

2. Also, is the interview conducted one-on-one or is it a panel (and if so, how many people).

3. Do the interviewer(s) generally make you feel comfortable. I imagine they dont come across as being intimidating?

4. Lastly, can you clear up what happens once you succeed in the first interview. Is there a 2nd interview (maybe with one of the sponsoring companies like UBS)? Or is this the one and only interview?

Ovaschool303

HSC
You're welcome.

It was a one on one interview, and there is two people you go through. Either Alistair, the head guy who spoke at the info evening, or this Asian girl that I had, she was really nice. Although I was speaking to one guy from school and he mentioned that he had them both interview him...but i dont think that is regular.

I just had the Asian lady with me and she was a champo. Really acomodating, very friendly. She'll tell you if you delivered a good answer or whatever, so you do feel comfortable.

In terms of the difficult questions, they weren't that hard. I think if I copped that one from BAcc I would almost shit myself... nah the tricky ones really were how do aspects of team play or leadership become used in a leading financial company.

There is an oppotunity to speak to the interviewer when you have finished and you can ask general questions. I asked a couple of similar ones to you.... they contact everyone by the end of the month (I thought by email but my friend thought by phone)... anyway and if successful you will meet with people from the company they have assignes you too. I say assigned if you didnt put a prerefence, like myself, or if for some reason they dont think you will succeed in your nominated company.

Anyway,

Good luck!

venom69r

HSC
^ Thanks for clearing all that up mate!

So Ovaschool, that means that by the end of the month we will know if we have gained this Business Cadetship? There will be no second interview right? We will either be assigned a company or get our prefernce and thats the end of the recruitment process?

Its good to hear that the interviewers are really accommodating. I reckon that would really help.

Anyways GL everyone =]

paperscissors

HSC
yeah i think the interview was pretty casual
just be yourself
lol so cliche
but thats all the advice i have

carmey

HSC
just a question for everyone that had their interview's already, um did they ever ask you why u choose ur perfernce area and what you know about that area?( Eg. accounting, finance, investment banking, investment managemet, IT. )

and also did they ask you for a prefence company if you didnt nominate and why???

THANX!!!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
venom69r said:
^ Thanks for clearing all that up mate!

So Ovaschool, that means that by the end of the month we will know if we have gained this Business Cadetship? There will be no second interview right? We will either be assigned a company or get our prefernce and thats the end of the recruitment process?

Its good to hear that the interviewers are really accommodating. I reckon that would really help.

Anyways GL everyone =]
At the end of the month you will get an email saying whether you were successful or not in Alister's interview... Then you will have an interview/assessment day with the firm and the firm will advise you as to whether or not you got a cadetship. If you pass interview 1 it doesnt necessarily mean you got the cadetship.

And its gay that you have to make a decision by 25 July as to whether or not you want to accept the cadetship!

The interview was pretty relaxed... i had alister and he was really casual about it ll n he spoke about other things too, like sport, and my fav subject at school etc. No need to shit yourselves!

GOOD LUCK!

BTW, WHICH COMPANY WAS YOUR PREFERENCE? or if you didnt put down a preference, which co wud u want?

>>>>Zurich

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
carmey said:
just a question for everyone that had their interview's already, um did they ever ask you why u choose ur perfernce area and what you know about that area?( Eg. accounting, finance, investment banking, investment managemet, IT. )

and also did they ask you for a prefence company if you didnt nominate and why???

THANX!!!
Nope, he never asked me. But i mentioned that I would like to work with Zurich although i didnt put down a preference on my application

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)