Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

jimmyb8

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
HEY HEY! just been notified that after my first interview with UBS they have invited me back for another one with the head of operations for UBS in Australia... i think they cut it from 10 down to 5 and now there is only 3 spots left... tough break to whoever gets cut from here on.... time will tell
storz thats great news!

any news from bobby?

Yasaman

HSC
blaqie said:
i heard that westpac made its own shortlist from what allistair gave them. not sure if this is legit but seems justifyable.

could've given us some notice...

tell me about it...
sure got excited for no reason.
shame.

NickLG

HSC
jimmyb8 said:
storz thats great news!

any news from bobby?
Bene it was what i thought, they forgot that I was in NZ, apparently they've tried calling me, sent sms and left a voicemail.

They just sent me an email then and i'm in to the final round. I guess i'll see you then storz, view boys are taking over UBS!!!!

Nick

summermagic

HSC
Wait, wait, wait. So Westpac has already filled all their cadet positions? That seems hardly fair if people haven't even been contacted for an interview yet. Perhaps it was one of the regional areas? My friend for Westpac hasn't gotten her call either. Someone clarify please.

And

allblack said:
I had my Zurich interview today, the two ladies that conducted the interview were really nice and made the interview very comfortable. The questions were similar to the initial interview with Alistair or the Asian lady. Mostly asked questions from our application relating to team work, communication, customer service ect...
They also asked what out career aspirations are, and we need to link the skills we have to that career path. They asked about time management and how we organise our week around school, sports and extra-curricular.

Good luck to everyone who have already had their interview or are going to have it soon.
What was the dress code for your Zurich interview?

Last edited:

nabbyx

HSC
Are all the Westpac positions for HR? Cause if not, they might be going my sections *fingers crossed*

Yasaman

HSC
nabbyx said:
Are all the Westpac positions for HR? Cause if not, they might be going my sections *fingers crossed*
since when were they HR spots? im so confused, i wish they could have at least had an interview with us. who knows...

so westpac interviews definately end tomorrow?

Last edited:

anirudh18

HSC
What was the dress code for your Zurich interview?[/quote]

I think they just expect business attire...but they do not specify. i had mine on tuesday. It was very laid back and casual...asked mostly about excurricular activities, time managment etc.

allblack

Legendary Member...
HSC
The dress code for Zurich was pretty much the same as the interview with Alistair.

summermagic

HSC
Okies, thanks guys! From what you guys have said the interview doesn't sound too daunting...

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yasaman said:
since when were they HR spots? im so confused, i wish they could have at least had an interview with us. who knows...

so westpac interviews definately end tomorrow?
I think there are lots of sections of Westpac because Alister said there are definitely cadetships for Westpac in 3 locations. And that person on here a while ago said they were taking 25-30 cadets. So I think some people have got their interviews for a certain position and the rest of us will be done later for different positions?

For example they may have interviewed for the City branch banking positions, but they might still be yet to contact people regarding the Wollongong HR positions.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I think Zurich are offering like 6 or 7 cadetships, 2 in investment and some in finance and a couple in general insurance.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']westpac will announce next week they said
and its not 4 positions.. its 2 (btw whoever it was who said westpac were offering 25.. wat were u smoking?)

i had my interview today and the building is amazing

but yeh it is soo stupid that they didnt interview everyone

and its become clear that allistair lied to all of us.. he said they would take around 30 cadets all up.. but each firm are taking like 2 each.. this whole business cadetships thing has been very disappointing i rkn

but yeh i kno westpac havent offered yet because interviews dont finish until the end of this week[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Zurich - The HR lady who interviewed me today said they are interviewing 36 people, then 24 will be shortlisted for a further interview and 12 will finally be accepted[/FONT]
I had m interview today and the ladies said they were offering 12 cadet positions next year... dress code was business attire. good luck!

seano77

Walk On
HSC
haiderr said:
I had m interview today and the ladies said they were offering 12 cadet positions next year... dress code was business attire. good luck!
Some have said 25, some have said 4 and you say 12?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
seano77 said:
Some have said 25, some have said 4 and you say 12?
i believe ppl hav said 25 for westpac and 4 for UBS.... i say 12 for ZURICH becoz thts wat teh HR Manager told me in my interview today, and as i quotes another person has also said the same thing on bos

seano77

Walk On
HSC
haiderr said:
i believe ppl hav said 25 for westpac and 4 for UBS.... i say 12 for ZURICH becoz thts wat teh HR Manager told me in my interview today, and as i quotes another person has also said the same thing on bos
Sorry your initial quote was all over the place so I though you were talking about Westpac.

Yasaman

HSC
seano77 said:
I think there are lots of sections of Westpac because Alister said there are definitely cadetships for Westpac in 3 locations. And that person on here a while ago said they were taking 25-30 cadets. So I think some people have got their interviews for a certain position and the rest of us will be done later for different positions?

For example they may have interviewed for the City branch banking positions, but they might still be yet to contact people regarding the Wollongong HR positions.
logical explanation, but did u want a reigonal/non city branch position?

blaqie

HSC
after all that...

"As you know, you were short-listed as potential cadets for Westpac Business Financial Services (BFS) Cadetship Program and I would like to thank you for your interest in a cadetship position with Westpac.

We received many short-listed applications, however, only had a select number of positions for Wollongong, Sydney CBD/Metro and Newcastle.

After careful consideration, unfortunately, your application was not selected in our recruitment process to attend an interview with Westpac this week. The way in which we were able to select potential cadets to invite to interview, was attributed to the results you received further to the on-line assessment completed and your interview with Alastair Wilkinson of BCA. We also took into consideration the preferences you made in your application.

We wish you all the best for your HSC and beyond.

Yours sincerely,"

Yasaman

HSC
blaqie said:
after all that...

"As you know, you were short-listed as potential cadets for Westpac Business Financial Services (BFS) Cadetship Program and I would like to thank you for your interest in a cadetship position with Westpac.

We received many short-listed applications, however, only had a select number of positions for Wollongong, Sydney CBD/Metro and Newcastle.

After careful consideration, unfortunately, your application was not selected in our recruitment process to attend an interview with Westpac this week. The way in which we were able to select potential cadets to invite to interview, was attributed to the results you received further to the on-line assessment completed and your interview with Alastair Wilkinson of BCA. We also took into consideration the preferences you made in your application.

We wish you all the best for your HSC and beyond.

Yours sincerely,"

crap...

jimmyb8

HSC
seano77 said:

ok heres the low down.. and i hate to be the bearer of bad news for some but im positive about this

at the sydney location ther are 2 cadetships available.. westpac have taken their shortlist and picked people to interview and they will make the final decision on who is in mid week

i dont know about the other locations.. but the westpac in the CBD are offering 2 positions and will announce next week

i kno.. it sucks that they arent offering many cadetships and they didnt even interview everyone.. but in terms of a business cadetship for westpac at the sydney campus thats the reality

Yasaman

HSC
guess im cool with that, im surprised i even got this far with wanting to do a double degree anyways, so yeah, just waiting for the rejection letter then ...

jordankuai22

HSC
Yasaman said:
guess im cool with that, im surprised i even got this far with wanting to do a double degree anyways, so yeah, just waiting for the rejection letter then ...
sure, sure..

this is what EVERYONE says after they have been rejected.

'yeh,, but,, i didnt really want a cadetship anyway!!!':rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)