Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
:) YAY! I got a call from Zurich too! Interviews are next week!

NickLG

HSC
Ok UBS called, the short list is indeed short, only 10 people.

Problem is, we are competing for 2-3 cadetship positions.........

When is everyone elses interviews?

Nick

wogblogger

HSC
nickleg!! omg i havnt got a call yet, i must be one of the candidates who are at the bottom of the list :(
whens your interview?

Last edited:

jimmyb8

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
That is 25-30 cadetshps for Westpac alone.

Currently there are still 50-60 people fighting for these 25-30 places
are you sure? how do u kno?

they are taking 25-30 of the westpac people?

it would be extremely unfair that 30 westpacs would get in and only 3 UBS.. that means alot of the best candidates who preferenced UBS, Zurich will miss out and others who may not be as gooder candidates would

they definitly wouldnt let that happen

NickLG

HSC
wogblogger said:
nickleg!! omg i havnt got a call yet, i must be one of the candidates who are at the bottom of the list :(
whens your interview?
My interview is tomorrow. First cab off the rank, haha i'm not complaining though it means i get to set the standard.

Nick

jordankuai22

HSC
NickLeG said:
My interview is tomorrow. First cab off the rank, haha i'm not complaining though it means i get to set the standard.

Nick
arrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

summermagic

HSC
allblack said:
Zurich called, interviews next week, 45-60 min interview. Lucky its in the holidays.
:0 What time did Zurich call?? I'm afraid that I might have missed any calls since I get home at 5pm on Wed-Fri.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
summermagic said:
:0 What time did Zurich call?? I'm afraid that I might have missed any calls since I get home at 5pm on Wed-Fri.
i got mine around 1.30

summermagic

HSC
During school hours?? That's only slightly problematic considering I'm a) at school (therefore away from home phone) and b) wouldn't exactly answer my mobile in the middle of class.

allblack

Legendary Member...
HSC
summermagic said:
I got mine around 3pm, and i only got the call because i didn't go to school today. But they would have called my mobile if no one picked up at home.

Anybody who else got a call from Zurich, what time and date are your interviews?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
summermagic said:
During school hours?? That's only slightly problematic considering I'm a) at school (therefore away from home phone) and b) wouldn't exactly answer my mobile in the middle of class.
haha ... yes during school hours. I was at school and they called my Mobile, i dont know if they called my home phone first or not.

Yasaman

HSC
damn, that's great, exactly what i need having to answer my mobile during class and then having to explain it, can imagine doing that to some of my teachers! :) cringe

Last edited:

Ovaschool303

HSC
I got a call from UBS and am going in at 3:00 next tuesday.... i think it is almost straight after Deloitte... hope it isnt too much of a rush. They said that there would be two managers from operations and the email said we need to describe situations of real examples in the past which demonstrate my suitability or a role at UBS, nice and broad I guess. Already been offered an accounting one which I am keen on so wont be the cut if I dont get it... more i think about this one the more interest I seem to lose in it.

summermagic

HSC
LOL I really did get a call from Zurich when I wasn't home today! They firstly called me at about 8:30am when I was already at school. They then called back at 3:30pm when my brother had gotten home from school and he passed on my mobile number which Zurich called.

Well mines on Monday 14th @ 10am. So is it a group activity or what? They said they'd email me tomorrow with the details.

NickLG

HSC
UBS people, had my interview.

First thing i can say is WOW, i think i'm in love the UBS office is incredible.

Secondly don't worry at all, the two interviewers Matthew and Dugald are very cool, laid back treated it more like a conversation than anything. They make you feel very comfortable, i'd smash beers with them any day.

The low down is that for operations there is 2 positions and there are currently 10 of us going for these, in tax its 5 people for the one position. After this round if we're successful they get 4 of us back in (2 or 3 in tax) to meet with the head of operations of UBS in Sydney and then we are offered the positions after that.

Good luck with your interviews guys.

Nick

Ovaschool303

HSC
they will get around to it... if you have been shortlisted then they definately will call, all good things take time. Only thing that has turned me off UBS is working all 5 days a week and doing uni at night... i knew i would do that for about a semester but not the whole year though... although looking on the bright side a rotational basis sounds like a real benefit...

NickLG

HSC
don't deny it storz, UBS is THE shit.

i'd work 7 days a week for them.

Nick

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
they will get around to it... if you have been shortlisted then they definately will call, all good things take time. Only thing that has turned me off UBS is working all 5 days a week and doing uni at night... i knew i would do that for about a semester but not the whole year though... although looking on the bright side a rotational basis sounds like a real benefit...
did u even do any research on cadetships- they are all like that..... aka even the accting ones aka big 4 etc

bright side

HSC
Hey,
I got an email saying that I was shorlisted for Westapc, however I have not yet recieved a call like everyone else.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Do you think that they read through the applications but only called the ppl they want and not everyone?
Im so scared now!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)