Problem with BoS rankings. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

princejester

HSC
I am ranked 69/82 in my school and when i checked my ranks on BoS my english rank was 6/82 what do you guys recommend i do? I am rather in joy.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Now thats quite an interesting case. Would this rank increase dramaticaly improve your chances of your desired course? If it does not then i'd probably just report it because you might be ruining someone else chances of getting into their dream course.
I reckon this is just one of those things where you got to flip a coin.

Danmiff

HSC
if it was me....
i think id probably let it slide and say it'll sort itself out

but then i would feel pretty bad afterwards..

princejester

HSC
Yes it does increases my change for my desired course quite dramatically.. xD wooh!!!!!!! I'm going to let it slide guys thanks for the advice. :]

K

khorne

I think we should call up Kingsgrove High School, on your behalf

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
It's hardly fair in any case - it's not like you earned that internal rank. It might be easily ignored if it was from 69 to 59, but from 69 to 6 is a massive error.

It depends on what your personal ethics or morals are though. Are you comfortable knowing that all the people from 7th to 68th (or more) will now get a lower adjusted internal mark for no reason at all?

Yes, it is essentially the fault of your school and/or the Board of Studies, but the responsibility also lies with you to be honest and considerate of others in your class. Hypothetically speaking, if you got 12th and someone else who got 69th got 6th, you'd probably want them to come forward out of decency.

Tofuu

HSC
if you didn't earn that mark, it might be best to tell them, because if you use that mark to get a high ATAR, then go into a high ATAR course, then you might not cope

hairspray

HSC
I have a problem with the rankings as well... somehow my ranks dropped !

Not by a huge deal but it still dropped... by 4 positions !

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i would feel terribly guilty if I just let it slide

but then, I would do it for the sake of my future

M@ster P

HSC
I am ranked 69/82 in my school and when i checked my ranks on BoS my english rank was 6/82 what do you guys recommend i do? I am rather in joy.
chances are the person who is supposed to be ranked 6/82 will report it and things will go back to normal.

HSC
i have a question regarding ranks: My maths rank is recorded as 10/29 but it is actually 7/29. My report actually says 3/29 but that is also wrong. Should i get it checked or is three places not worth it? Maths is my weakest subject so it might be the difference between a band 5 and a band 4.

random-1005

Banned
HSC

fukin noob, why would anyone say anything if this happened, its not like it disadvantages you, why would anyone even post this up, if you got extra marks in a test, would you say anything, no, you would shut the fuk up and be happy, your a wanker and i hope they correct it to fuk u

Last edited:

M@ster P

HSC
fukin noob, why would anyone say anything if this happened, its not like it disadvantages you, why would anyone even post this up, if you got extra marks in a test, would you say anything, no, you would shut the fuk up and be happy, your a wanker and i hope they correct it to fuk u
Don't be a dick, the op was merely asking for advice, not for abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)