• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Previous McDonald's Workers? (1 Viewer)

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
kadlil said:
Same coles myers rang my work, then that work fired me or stopped rostering me :):D But I didn't get into it so I now work at McDonalds and my last shift this sunday :D:D:D

Oh to the thread starter back out of McDonalds while you still can :p You'll be regretting it in the long run, trust me

which mcdonalds do/did you work at, hornsby, waitara???

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
it isnt true that they dont interview you...
they hold actual interviews, and have proper induction and training and all that crap just like any other store..
people do get turned away cos a lot of 14 yr olds apply. i used to work at one when i was 15 and they have a huge stack of application forms, they dont even get to read half of them

P

pLuvia

Mr_Shrimp said:
which mcdonalds do/did you work at, hornsby, waitara???
Waitara, hornsby gets too busy, waitara is just right, although at times it is busy as hell :(

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
kadlil said:
Waitara, hornsby gets too busy, waitara is just right, although at times it is busy as hell :(
i worked at hornsby for a year. luckily i did close shifts most of the time so i didn't get stuck with lunch rush very often ;) it was good though.

mt colah is like the gold mine.. quiet all the time. basically all they do is clean :D

and Ranger Stacie, yes they do interview you but its more a formality than an actual "Should we hire this guy or not?" kind of thing in most cases.. as far as i've seen at the maccas i worked at they only brought people in for interviews if they already knew they were going to hire them. the rest of the applicants didnt get called until the next time they were hiring.

P

pLuvia

I got called for the job, a few days later, I should have said no :p

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
it isnt true that they dont interview you...
they hold actual interviews, and have proper induction and training and all that crap just like any other store..
people do get turned away cos a lot of 14 yr olds apply. i used to work at one when i was 15 and they have a huge stack of application forms, they dont even get to read half of them
It depends on the store's requirements. So, in fact, you are incorrect.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
biggles04 said:
You continue to mention your father's store. Does he own a McDonald's franchise?
yes he does...hence my urge to make sure ppl get it right, rather than throw around stereotypes...Maccas is in the blood.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:
yes he does...hence my urge to make sure ppl get it right, rather than throw around stereotypes...Maccas is in the blood.
Good on you Meads. That shut 'em up. Can I get a job? jkjk~ I don't even think you or me are allowed to get jobs... I have to ring up to find out if I'm allowed to work part-time before I start c/ship.

P

pLuvia

McDonalds sucks, although I work there ;) But my last shift so its all good :D It's so easy to steal and give away food there, basically anywhere actually. But in my McDonald's you can go downstairs, and when you go down you just take some food down.

Also another thing about where I work, people are so dodgy they drop the food and pick it back up and serve it, so beware :p

klh

HSC
i have applied there and i had an interview...als they asked was when are you available and coz i said nights they said sorry we need morning poeple. all they look for in poeple firstly is avaialbility. what is good though is they train people. then they wil ask questions as stated before like wha tis customer service, what you do for an angry customer etc.
do they tell you about the times required? i fthey do and you fit most of them, you are likely to get in.

P

pLuvia

When I had the interview they asked me
What skills I had?
Tell a bit about myself
Why I wanted the job?

And also they talked to me about my availabilities, be sure to say yes to any changes unless they are really dramatic, that's the only you way you can get a job, later one, I think 3 months, you can change your availabilities

And then the manager asked me if I had any questions. I just asked how much I got paid etc. Just ask if you really want to know

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
biggles04 said:
You admit to that?

I worked for KFC for 2 years. I don't admit to that.
well it stretches a bit further than my dad owning one, my aunty also does, and i got other relatives that work/worked for the company as well. So yeh, I have grown up with it. lol.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I worked at Maccas for a whole year. Gross.

In my interview they asked me to tell them about myself, hobbies etc. Available times, etc. And also what to do in a certain situation. ie the burger wasnt what they asked for or some shit question like that. I just said I'd apologise and offer a free new one or get the manager..

But um, its hard to get rejected. Unless youre like a retard.. Then they'd probably employ you just so they can say they accept all people and dont discriminate..

o_o Seriously..

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
biggles04 said:
It depends on the store's requirements. So, in fact, you are incorrect.

Of course it dpeends on the stores requirements, just like any other company in Australia. or the world.

your suggestions that you can just wander into a store, ask for a manager and be handed a job in 3 easy steps is also incorrect

mashimaro1987

HSC
well, i've worked at maccas for 2 yr and a bit now..da onli question they asked me was why i wanted to work there..and they had a look at my resume and stuff and then i'm hired....now i'm a crew trainer:):)

P

pLuvia

Crew trainers only get paid 30cents more, not worth the money and you have more responsibility :p. Are you also part of the OHS team lol ;) You get paid for nothing :D:D

baby_pea

HSC
big deal - crew trainer
they made me train people, and i didn't even read the stupid manual and did know how to get stock

basically, most maccas are usually desperate. they tell you to come in for orientation give you some booklets to fill out, they're (suppossed) to show you a video and thats it. they call you in whenever the times you got down.

our maccas was so cheapass they wouldn't show us video so they wouldn't waste money. i didn't even know the rules in handline the food and stuff. some guys didn't even wash their hands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)