PRELIM CHEMISTRY (1 Viewer)

anonhello

HSC
does the preliminary chemistry course matter? I mean with biology I've heard everything thats covered in prelim doesn't appear in hsc
so is that the same for chem or do I have to study the prelim course well and remember everything for hsc? also what are good textbooks
for prelim chem? Thanks in advance to whoever bothers with this thread :)

Dylanamali

HSC
prelim chem is not that important for hsc chem.. but it is very important for uni chem. So if your looking do a B Sc or something along those lines pay attention now and I'll help you out in the future.

In terms of prelim chem requirements for hsc chem, I'd say make sure you really understand: polarity, hydrogen bonding, intermolecular forces, like dissolves like, use of catalysts, endo vs ecto and the calculations, e.g. n=m/M, C=n/V.
that's mainly it - not very much.

anonhello

HSC
Thank you for your response :) and so are there any books i should focus studying from? also do u know of any prelim notes for chem on bos that are good?
I really like chemistry it's just that we have an inadequate teacher, so we're left to fend for ourselves.

HSC
Not really, in preliminary bio we have just finished hypotonic and hypertonic solutions. Ironically, in 2011 hsc bio there was a question regarding what direction the carbon dioxide and oxygen would take to reach an equilibrium. So, that's +1 and we did it in prelim. But obviously it would be covered more in depth in hsc year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)